Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2881 - 2900 of 2972 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Was going to fit the wife’s new curtain pole but the company had sent her something completely different to what she’d ordered , so it’s got to go back & the correct item delivered.
Should have been a brushed satin metal extendable pole but what we had was an off white pole with brushed metal ornate ends which just didn’t match the pole.
Took the hounds for a walk & now getting ready to go out for a barbecue & some sink beers.

·
13,092 Posts
Couldn't help it.

Free to collector so I went and collected it. Needs some paint and the petrol in the tank looks manky so will need a good clean. Other than that not a lot wrong- self propelled too!

·
Rascal
12,098 Posts
Discovered that my tomatoes had blown over in the night and remembered that the last place I’d seen all the old bamboo canes was in the bulk bag of garden waste I burned at my parents house a few weeks ago. Trip to the garden centre for some new ones and picked up some compost as well, then spent an hour or so potting some flowers with my daughter and tying the tomatoes up properly. Then an exciting run to the tip - open again now after they found a grenade there earlier in the week!

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,884
Watching Newcastle vs Man City on the iplayer so I can turn off the false fan background noise, my autistic ways. Newcastle seemed to be getting hammered, can't seem to get out of their own half. 27 mins gone, still 0-0.

·
13,092 Posts
Came back from picking a mower up so ideal time to change the glow plugs on our Touran because all 4 had failed. This is the 3rd time I have done these in the 15 years we have had the car, even though it has done less than 60,000 miles. Previously we have had 1 or 2 plugs go and have put a complete set in but this time they had all failed. I only noticed because there were clouds of smoke pouring out of the back when I popped up the hill to the shops, which we normally don't get.
When I did them last time I put copper grease on the threads and they came out as if I had done them yesterday, helped enormously by being located on the front of the engine. Not a trace of carbon build up on them either.

Why couldn't the ones on my 1.7 cdti be as simple? Still putting off tackling them while the weather is so up and down.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Woohoo new replacement phone finally got here 😁...

Treated the astra turbo to a forge crossover delete pipe (used bargain £21) a big piper cross filter (again a used bargain item at £20)

Got to lover used part tuning 😁😁😎😎

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Couldn't help it.

View attachment 92857

View attachment 92858

Free to collector so I went and collected it. Needs some paint and the petrol in the tank looks manky so will need a good clean. Other than that not a lot wrong- self propelled too!
Bargain of the month there mate, FREE, Self Propelled, 4hp engine and the deck looks good, few hours TLC and a bit of paint and a nice bit of cash heading your way.

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Watching Newcastle vs Man City on the iplayer so I can turn off the false fan background noise, my autistic ways. Newcastle seemed to be getting hammered, can't seem to get out of their own half. 27 mins gone, still 0-0.
At times Man City looked like they had another gear or 2 they could step up to, beating Newcastle 2 - 0

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Looks nice, you do know that Snowflake alloys are known to crack at 19" they do fill the arch but I don't think I'd risk them on mine, has previous owner fitted bonnet lifts, it looks high on driversside close to windscreen.

Check the drop links are prone on he Vectra

·
13,092 Posts
Bargain of the month there mate, FREE, Self Propelled, 4hp engine and the deck looks good, few hours TLC and a bit of paint and a nice bit of cash heading your way.
Gave it a quick pull but not enough fuel in it to do anything so just hidden it away under a tarpaulin for now. The deck is very good so as you say a quick spray over will make it look like new.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Well yesterday I swapped my astra for a vectra c 1.9 cdti as it was killing me in petrol doing a 50 mile round trip to work needed something cheaper to run

How low is she ?
Not sure that would clear our speed calming bumps.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,977 Posts
Went and did a couple of big hills near home yesterday. I got overtaken by a runner going up the steepest bit of the steepest climb. 2 of the climbs that I did have hosted the National Hill Climb Championships. I can barely make it up them, let alone race up them.

I'm getting old. I did the ride and then just wanted to sleep afterward, so did very little else.

Also ordered a pair of tyres for the other half's Mini - a mate of mine does mobile tyre fitting, so I'll get him to do it - support a local business and someone I know. He's charging £51 per corner for Maxxis, fitted at home.

·
Likes this.
11,011 Posts
Had a load of fun (actually ended up NOT being fun at all) dodging the non-forecasted showers over the weekend whilst trying to wash/clay/polish/wax the Leon.....

Washed it Friday evening as planned as rain was forecast on Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon - dried car off after the rain and set to work with the clay bar. Never clayed a car before so it was interesting seeing just how much crap came off the car, especially from the bottom of the front doors!

Next up was the Autoglym Super Resin Polish, doing a few panels at a time just in case it rained......

Managed to do pretty much all the car before the rain came, but did have to frantically buff off a few panels in the rain and was worried that I'd have to do them again the next day before I applied the Extra Gloss Protection onto the polish (it continued raining most of the night on and off).

Sunday morning - quick chamois off the car to get rid of any water, applied the Extra Gloss to the whole of the car (no rain forecast whatsoever) and started the waiting process, the EGP needs to be on the car for at least 30mins (I tend to leave it as close to an hour as I can usually) to dry properly. About ten minutes in, it p*ssed down....

So I had to wait anyway for the wax to dry properly, and the rian dried off qute quickly. Managed to get the roof buffed off nicely before it rained again! :LOL:

It was like this most of the afternoon, dodging showers, buffing a panel or two, then waiting for the rain to stop again.

The rain didn't make THAT much difference to the final appearance of the car, although it was a little bit smeary in places, so I just went over the whole car with some Rapid Detailer, before polishing the glass and dressing the tyres.

Looked lovely then.

Then it rained again! :ROFLMAO:

Still, it doesn't look too bad all things considered...... Got the private plates on now too, which makes it look a bit better I think. Nice reflections in the doors too :)

20200628_215540.jpg
20200628_215632.jpg

·
Likes this.
11,011 Posts
Went and did a couple of big hills near home yesterday. I got overtaken by a runner going up the steepest bit of the steepest climb. 2 of the climbs that I did have hosted the National Hill Climb Championships. I can barely make it up them, let alone race up them.

I'm getting old. I did the ride and then just wanted to sleep afterward, so did very little else.

Also ordered a pair of tyres for the other half's Mini - a mate of mine does mobile tyre fitting, so I'll get him to do it - support a local business and someone I know. He's charging £51 per corner for Maxxis, fitted at home.
When I used to road bike around Shaftesbury where I used to live, there were some huge hills. It's a very high town, so steep hills in all directions to get into it. There was one particular hill that killed me every time, I only made it up without stopping probably a couple of times. I refused to get off and push though, preferring to stop for a minute or two then carry on.

Half of my problem was I was sooo unfit, but I genuinely think a lot of my trouble was the bike I had. My road bike was only a cheap Carrera Virtuoso so was quite heavy (my mountain bike at the time was a LOT lighter) and that's probably why I lost interest in road riding I think. Had I had better kit then maybe I would have tried harder? I know you've got a decent bike though - so at least that helps a bit? ;)

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,977 Posts
When I used to road bike around Shaftesbury where I used to live, there were some huge hills. It's a very high town, so steep hills in all directions to get into it. There was one particular hill that killed me every time, I only made it up without stopping probably a couple of times. I refused to get off and push though, preferring to stop for a minute or two then carry on.

Half of my problem was I was sooo unfit, but I genuinely think a lot of my trouble was the bike I had. My road bike was only a cheap Carrera Virtuoso so was quite heavy (my mountain bike at the time was a LOT lighter) and that's probably why I lost interest in road riding I think. Had I had better kit then maybe I would have tried harder? I know you've got a decent bike though - so at least that helps a bit? ;)
My bike is only a low to middle of the range thing. But, there's a big difference between my bike and a cheaper one.

Yesterday climbs were tough and a year ago, I'd have failed at both. I really annoyed myself yesterday having to stop near the top of the 2nd big climb. I'm going to give it a proper go in July. I won't be beaten on that hill.

Starts off not too bad, so I took it easy to start with. Paced it right. Just ran out of confidence in myself. I'm really disappointed in myself. But, I have a new target.

·
Likes this.
11,011 Posts
My bike is only a low to middle of the range thing. But, there's a big difference between my bike and a cheaper one.

Yesterday climbs were tough and a year ago, I'd have failed at both. I really annoyed myself yesterday having to stop near the top of the 2nd big climb. I'm going to give it a proper go in July. I won't be beaten on that hill.

Starts off not too bad, so I took it easy to start with. Paced it right. Just ran out of confidence in myself. I'm really disappointed in myself. But, I have a new target.
Yeah I think you're right, there's quite a difference between the cheap entry level road bikes like the one I have and the next level up. Pretty sure I only paid about £250 for it so wasn't expecting much tbh. Keith (fluffsri) at the time had a Ribble bike that cost him £1000 and it was ridiculously light compared to mine and with 20 gears, made going up hill a bit easier too!

That climb looks similar to the one I used to hate, in that you get around a corner and feel like you're beating it - only to be greeted with more hill that's even steeper than what you've already completed! 😢 :ROFLMAO:

As you said though, now you have a new target. And you'll get there I'm sure :)

2881 - 2900 of 2972 Posts