Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 3093 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,812 Posts
Recovered by lunchtime from my day of takeaway burritos, nachos and gin,.......twas my 46th birthday yesterday.

Been out to cut the grass today and jet-washed the dust and bird crap and moss and cobwebs off the cars. Two haven't moved in months. Then a chap in another red VXR came up to buy my daft wind deflectors. Chatted for over an hour, and now I'm about to start washing the cars properly, seeing as the temperature has finally dropped a bit.
happy belated birthday for yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
26,404 Posts
Back to work today. Regretted the decision to conveniently forget that today was a Monday within 10 minutes. 1st email starts along the lines of "Sorry, I know you've only just signed in but...".

I've got a week's worth of stuff to catch up on. But sure, before I've even started work in earnest, I'll drop everything to help you with your minor query.
Try doing refunds for moved rock concerts.
Can’t go next year on that new date , refund me.
Yours Faithfully Gordon.
No address , no surname , no bank account details , no telephone number.
So several emails later you finally get a phone call , “can i have my refund“
FFS @@@@@
Crystal balls not working today.

·
Premium Member
14,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,383
Recovered by lunchtime from my day of takeaway burritos, nachos and gin,.......twas my 46th birthday yesterday.

Been out to cut the grass today and jet-washed the dust and bird crap and moss and cobwebs off the cars. Two haven't moved in months. Then a chap in another red VXR came up to buy my daft wind deflectors. Chatted for over an hour, and now I'm about to start washing the cars properly, seeing as the temperature has finally dropped a bit.
Happy belated birthday lady:ROFLMAO:Once you hit 50, it's all downhill from there, gravity makes it that way.
Life's too short to cut grass, why wash cars? As they only get dirty again. I should remind myself of that:ROFLMAO:

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
*Happy belated birthday lady:ROFLMAO:Once you hit 50, it's all downhill from there, gravity makes it that way.

*Life's too short to cut grass, why wash cars? As they only get dirty again. I should remind myself of that:ROFLMAO:
*Cheers geeza! ;)🍺 My eldest lad is winding me up already, telling me that I'm "47 next",.....and "48 after next",.......and "49 post after next".

*I apply that ethos with my washing and showering.

"Bath once a month, whether I need it or NOT".

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
843 Posts
Im a such a dumba**e,i thought it was the discs not bedding in but done my first day back at work and it squealed as i pulled up and one of the lads said that its the balljoint shield on the front and sure enough it was ever so slightly touching the osf disc,I thought only the rears have shields,anyway fixed it by pulling it out a little bit loving the brakes now,i have so much more confidence in them now and now there bedded in they stop on a penny

·
Premium Member
10,989 Posts
Im a such a dumba**e,i thought it was the discs not bedding in but done my first day back at work and it squealed as i pulled up and one of the lads said that its the balljoint shield on the front and sure enough it was ever so slightly touching the osf disc,I thought only the rears have shields,anyway fixed it by pulling it out a little bit loving the brakes now,i have so much more confidence in them now and now there bedded in they stop on a penny
Always something stupid, but it does hit your confidence a bit and you start questioning yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
*Cheers geeza! ;)🍺 My eldest lad is winding me up already, telling me that I'm "47 next",.....and "48 after next",.......and "49 post after next".

Happy late birthday, don't worry it's only a number you're still a boy.
On my next birthday I'll be 47 (if you read the numbers in reverse);)

·
Premium Member
14,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,389

46, your only a "Bairn", as they say up north.

·
Likes this.
11,027 Posts
Well after work last night, I drove to work :LOL: (in the Dacia)

That's a sentence I never thought I'd write! The reason for the trip into work is that I knew the EGR blanking plate I bought a few years ago when I thought I had an issue with the EGR on the Mondeo was in my desk at work.

So after giving the EGR valve a damn good clean, I refitted it. Still running like a bag of poo. Fitted blanking plate. No difference. So I can at least safely say it's not the EGR valve at fault.

Which means it's likely to be injectors or fuel pump, or turbo. :(

·
Likes this.
11,027 Posts
Well so far today, I've done some work from home, Stopped for Popmaster :LOL: and then bitten the bullet and got the car booked in at a local garage to be looked at but they can't fit me in until next Wednesday.

Told them the symptoms of flashing glow plug light and then it cut out completely, and that I've managed to get it running again now but it sounds like it's missing - and they've said it sounds like it could be injectors - so will just have to wait and see now I guess.

I'm going to try and limp the car to them next Wednesday morning and if I break down on the way they have said they'll come and get me, so looks like I could be in for some fun :ROFLMAO:

I always get nervous when using a new garage, the one I usually use is across the road from where I work so I can't get it there at the moment anyway very easily even if it WAS running! But this garage has been around in Salisbury as long as I can remember (and I grew up here before I moved away for 20 odd years!) and nobody has a bad word to say about them. My dad uses them too. They're not the cheapest, but honestly I don't care as long as they fix it :)

·
13,148 Posts
Been out and done the "Wellie Walk", which is something local volunteers have been putting together over the last few years. It is a series of trails through a local wood that criss crosses loads of springs which come out of the ground and eventually all link up into one of several streams that come out of the woods. Besides being nice and cool under the canopy I always like exploring because I want to know where every track goes too and find out what's around the next corner.
Must do it again in the winter, when I am sure wellies will be needed and the trickles of water will be much more free flowing.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
So far today I've been out with the dog for just over an hour, cup of tea, then cut the lawns and tidied up next door's hedge where it overhangs my back garden, ready for tomorrows garden waste collection.
This afternoon, I have to go and collect my prescription from the doctors and drop it at the chemist, then do some shopping for us and my friend who has been isolating since the start of these problems.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Well after work last night, I drove to work :LOL: (in the Dacia)

That's a sentence I never thought I'd write! The reason for the trip into work is that I knew the EGR blanking plate I bought a few years ago when I thought I had an issue with the EGR on the Mondeo was in my desk at work.

So after giving the EGR valve a damn good clean, I refitted it. Still running like a bag of poo. Fitted blanking plate. No difference. So I can at least safely say it's not the EGR valve at fault.

Which means it's likely to be injectors or fuel pump, or turbo. :(
Time to go back to a nice reliable Vauxhall? :cool:

2381 - 2400 of 3093 Posts