Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2394 Posts

·
12,755 Posts
They wouldn't dare make you redundant after all this time you've been on gardening leave.
I have achieved such a high standard in my gardening leave it continues for another month, which means more time to fix things, cut grass and drink cider. (y)

My cutting deck for the ride on mower should arrive tomorrow, so just waiting then for the replacement deck bearings and I can rebuild it. Mountfield bearings cost £35 per blade but I found two sets for just £10 in total, including delivery; and they are an improved design with rubber seals to keep the dirt out.

Took my electric chainsaw apart tonight to see why the chain wasn't being driven and didn't really find anything wrong, cleaned out a whole heap of oily sawdust that was super gooey and sticky, then put it back together. The chain is running again now but the chain brake doesn't seem to be working, so will cautiously try it tomorrow and see if it frees off.

Having fixed that I took another look at the old brushcutter which doesn't have a spark and unplugged the kill wire and straight away its sparking like a good one. Looks like I have a failed stop switch, which is shorting the kill wire to ground so now there is no need to take the flywheel off to trouble shoot the points - remember them?

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
One for.andyv, went tonight to Nightingale road and.picked up 4 Vectra SRi alloys to refutd for.my car, tyres knackered , got the hose pipe out and cleaned them, not to bad condition and paid £40 for the 4.

Carried 2 of them about 30foot to my car, god they were heavy, that chest infection I had last year has really fecked with.my breathing.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,138 Posts
One for.andyv, went tonight to Nightingale road and.picked up 4 Vectra SRi alloys to refutd for.my car, tyres knackered , got the hose pipe out and cleaned them, not to bad condition and paid £40 for the 4.

Carried 2 of them about 30foot to my car, god they were heavy, that chest infection I had last year has really fecked with.my breathing.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
why didnt ya roll them :unsure: or where they square :ROFLMAO:

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,919 Posts
I'm sat trying to work, but mainly watching my cheap plastic greenhouse take a proper wind battering. I don't think it's going to last the weekend and I think I'll be bringing some plants inside. I really could do with either a sturdy poly tunnel, or an actual greenhouse.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went to Halford’s to pick up a leather cleaning and treatment kit that I ordered at 03.00 this morning.
Living the dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Went to Halford’s to pick up a leather cleaning and treatment kit that I ordered at 03.00 this morning.
Living the dream

halfords :rolleyes:ordered a bycicle pump at 9.30 am .didn’t hear anything so cancelled at 6pm
they sent me a text at 7.58pm to say its ready for collection . pathetic. it took someone 10 and a half hours to walk the length of halfords and send a text.
i ordered a similar pump from amazon prime at 6.10pm. delivered to me at 10am following day. hence the death of the high street and shortly i fear, the retail park.

·
Registered
205 Posts
halfords :rolleyes:ordered a bycicle pump at 9.30 am .didn’t hear anything so cancelled at 6pm
they sent me a text at 7.58pm to say its ready for collection . pathetic. it took someone 10 and a half hours to walk the length of halfords and send a text.
i ordered a similar pump from amazon prime at 6.10pm. delivered to me at 10am following day. hence the death of the high street and shortly i fear, the retail park.
Halfords opened at 10, I never got the text until 2, how hard is it to lift 3 bottles of polish that are more than likely on the same shelf??

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,755 Posts
Played a bit of guitar today, then had a knackering drum-jam/duet with my lad on the other kit. His playing is off the bloody charts at the moment!! His speed is insane too.

I rarely drink on a Friday night, but I think I'll have a few tonight :)

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,919 Posts
Greenhouse failed. I had to take the plastic cover off. Re housed some plants and others are now being hardened off, not particularly by choice!

Went for a late night run and enjoyed it. 5 miles in the bag at a reasonable pace for a lard arse.

·
12,755 Posts
Woken early by the postie dropping a parcel off. New carburetor kit for one of the strimmers. Carb, two gaskets, air filter fuel line, spark plug, fuel filter, spare primer bulb and adjusting tool - all for less than a tenner. :)

20200523_110345.jpg

Only problem is they have sent the wrong tool!

20200523_110406.jpg
20200523_110257.jpg

Fortunately I already have a full set of the adjustment tools but anyone who didn't would find it a bit difficult to do any adjustments. You think they would get the basics right.:(

·
12,755 Posts

·
12,755 Posts
Got mine from eBay.
Be careful because there are several different types.

·
12,755 Posts
This arrived today so gave my father the job to paint it with some heavy duty polyurethane paint. Very windy so I set it up so it was sheltered by the trees and a hedge.

20200523_183342.jpg
20200523_183326.jpg

The old deck is well past it's best.

20200523_183302.jpg

Just got that one adapter boss to get off. At the moment I have got the bolt stuck and it's left hand thread so have to be careful - no way of rethreading it with the gear I have got.

Remarkably everything seems to be in very good condition for a 16 year old machine.

20200523_183351.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
Woken early by the postie dropping a parcel off. New carburetor kit for one of the strimmers. Carb, two gaskets, air filter fuel line, spark plug, fuel filter, spare primer bulb and adjusting tool - all for less than a tenner. :)

View attachment 92172

Only problem is they have sent the wrong tool!

View attachment 92173 View attachment 92174

Fortunately I already have a full set of the adjustment tools but anyone who didn't would find it a bit difficult to do any adjustments. You think they would get the basics right.:(
Good old Pac-man screwdrivers

2281 - 2300 of 2394 Posts