Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2394 Posts

·
Likes this.
10,898 Posts
And today, I weighed in - I'm almost on 4 stone lost since mid-January, so I'm pretty pleased with that.
That's brilliant! I need to start getting a bit sensible again I think with my eating. Since mid-March I've slowly been putting some weight on I think. I say I think, because I haven't actually weighed myself. I can just feel my T-shirts being a bit tighter now :LOL:

I lost around 3 stone a few years ago and have managed to pretty much maintain that up until now, so time to cut back on the chocolate I think :)

Took my wife to the hospital today, had to sit in the car whilst she went in

delighted to formally announce that we are expecting our second child in November!
Congrats to you both, or commiserations, whichever way you want to look at it :D ;)

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,919 Posts
That's brilliant! I need to start getting a bit sensible again I think with my eating. Since mid-March I've slowly been putting some weight on I think. I say I think, because I haven't actually weighed myself. I can just feel my T-shirts being a bit tighter now :LOL:

I lost around 3 stone a few years ago and have managed to pretty much maintain that up until now, so time to cut back on the chocolate I think :)
Cheers. I think I've found something that works for me - that's all it is. Something that doesn't feel like a 'diet' and doing 'dirty' keto has basically been a very tasty way of eating less.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,919 Posts
All good. Nowt wrong with bacon and cheese,....now that we know these days that sugar is the enemy. I'm still in the habit of trimming the fat off my bacon before I cook it though.
I've never liked fatty meat and will always cut fat off bacon. I get a lot of calories from fat, but that dairy stuff - cheese and creams etc.

I figured that I have an impulse control issue with carbs/sugar and would crave more. When doing the traditional diets, I'd be constantly thinking about my next food. And it took a lot of will power not to dive into a pack of biscuits etc. But, they're off the table now, in their entirety and because they're not there, they're not an issue. If I have a sweet craving, it's usually satisfied by sugar free jelly and a couple of scoops of protein shake.

·
Likes this.
10,898 Posts
Cheers. I think I've found something that works for me - that's all it is. Something that doesn't feel like a 'diet' and doing 'dirty' keto has basically been a very tasty way of eating less.
Yeah, it's easy (ish) when you find something that works. I lost mine working very loosely to the Slimming World plan, but not so strict that I began to resent it if that makes sense? I take a nice big salad to work three times a week and eat fruit instead of the cakes and biscuits that are always in the office. Thing is, since working from home I've just been having sandwiches, crisps and chocolate during the day :LOL:

Breakfast and evening meals haven't really changed that much since lockdown, it's my "work" eating and the fact that I've only been out once a day for exercise that's caused the weight gain. No we're allowed out more than once, the dogs are getting walked again in the evening, so that'll help at least.

Diets are a waste of time - changing the way you eat is the solution. I've never called it a "diet" when I decided to lose some weight, just looked at it more as a lifestyle change :) Makes it not sound so "faddish".

·
Likes this.
10,898 Posts
I've never liked fatty meat and will always cut fat off bacon. I get a lot of calories from fat, but that dairy stuff - cheese and creams etc.

I figured that I have an impulse control issue with carbs/sugar and would crave more. When doing the traditional diets, I'd be constantly thinking about my next food. And it took a lot of will power not to dive into a pack of biscuits etc. But, they're off the table now, in their entirety and because they're not there, they're not an issue. If I have a sweet craving, it's usually satisfied by sugar free jelly and a couple of scoops of protein shake.
Before lockdown when I was being good, I would still eat cheese, biscuits and chocolate - but only at the weekends and then never as much as I used to. I'd have some occasionally in the week too, but not very often. Knowing I could have it if I wanted it - because I wasn't officially "on a diet" was often enough to make me think twice about actually scoffing more of it!

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,755 Posts
Princess royal was an option but they’ve got a much smaller unit.
Had both boys there, and managed to bag the birthing pool both times.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,755 Posts
And it took a lot of will power not to dive into a pack of biscuits etc. But, they're off the table now, in their entirety and because they're not there, they're not an issue.
Same here. We made the heart-breaking decision a couple of weeks ago, to stop buying biscuits and to not have them in the house at all :cry::LOL:

Biscuits have been my downfall all my life. I'd always opt for biscuits for a treat, above cakes and chocolate etc. I can't control myself with them,.....can't just have one or two,.....always end up eating a half packet. So, NO MORE!

·
12,755 Posts
Went to a redundancy and redeployment meeting

Good news, I'm not being made redundant.

·
Premium Member
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,271 (Edited)
Same here. We made the heart-breaking decision a couple of weeks ago, to stop buying biscuits and to not have them in the house at all :cry::LOL:

Biscuits have been my downfall all my life. I'd always opt for biscuits for a treat, above cakes and chocolate etc. I can't control myself with them,.....can't just have one or two,.....always end up eating a half packet. So, NO MORE!
Cutting the biscuits, sweets & cakes out also worked for me recently, as I lost a stone doing this, but as soon as you start having a treat. The flood gates open:ROFLMAO:I'll just have a day off or a weekend off, then before you know it. It's Christmas!
Unfortunately as I've aged, gravity has worked against me too.
Have you tried dunking malted milks in tea?:unsure::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
Monday went to a little place just outside Loftus called Street House Farm (Just 1 of 4 terraced houses on a single track country lane), bought a Makita Air powered nail gun fires nails/Pins up to 50mm (£110 new) and a Air powered DA sander they originally wanted £70 the pair but got then down to £40, Today went to Seaton Carew to get a petrol sttrimmer its a 25cc B&Q special they were asking £15 got it for £10, plug looks a bit ropey so I'll replace it, think I'll take the carb off tomorrow and put it through the Ultrasonic cleaner see if any crap comes out of it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went out to divorce my cd70 and pair up the cd30 with the cid, then discovered laptop wouldn’t do anything apart from test, so licked the car back up, came back in, had 2 big mugs of coffee and half a full size battenburg, yes, I was well and truly scunnered !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
Even I didn't know this place existed, never did like Loftus though.
Its on a road called Upton Hill on the left as you come out of Loftus heading down the coast, single tarmac'd road so if anybody came the other way you had to move over on to grass verge, Sat NAv was telling me to turn round but I ended up on the main road that overlooks Boulby Potash Mine.

Road works at the top of Skinningrove bank so if lights on Red your queuing on a big hill, Road works Loftus high street waiting ages in queue.

But still it gets ya out.

·
Super Moderator
13,138 Posts
Its on a road called Upton Hill on the left as you come out of Loftus heading down the coast, single tarmac'd road so if anybody came the other way you had to move over on to grass verge, Sat NAv was telling me to turn round but I ended up on the main road that overlooks Boulby Potash Mine.

Road works at the top of Skinningrove bank so if lights on Red your queuing on a big hill, Road works Loftus high street waiting ages in queue.

But still it gets ya out.
i know where it is

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,919 Posts
Put a new Chinese carbon saddle on the bike. Zero padding. Saved 185g. Also had a poo before I ride, so that was another 500g or so.

Also fitted some frame stickers so I don't confuse my bike with the sprog's.

Those marginal savings are clearly worthwhile on a fat man's bike...

2261 - 2280 of 2394 Posts