Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what everyone does with their cav? Do some of you keep them locked up and only take them out on a sunny day? or do you use them as your daily driver ie to and from work/ shopping etc..?

I use mine as an IASCA Sound Quality Competition car. Competing in IASCA events all over the UK and some in Europe.

Don't know how to post pics as yet but I will soon.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
mine sits in the garage or on the drive mate monday to friday and gets used now and again on the weekend but not much tbh....

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
My Cav was my daily drive - resulting in approx' 45,000 miles in an 18 month period - almost all motorway/dual-carriageway miles and it never skipped a beat and still pulls well.

But now the Vec is the daily drive and am still working out whether to keep the Cav' or not. If did keep it would like to finish a few little bits and pieces and then have it as a more or less 'standard' example, kept in good condition.

time will tell...

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
I use my 4x4 gsi as my every day runner, and it stays out side until i make room in my garage, my 2wd gsi is locked up in another garage most of the time, and will only come out for the odd dry run, and show season. Just MOT'd it, and in the process of getting it all A1 again atm.

To upload photos, have a look in the Members Gallery at the top of the page ;)

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
I use my cav only on weekends, i work round the corner from were i live, but my dad takes it to work, 14mls a day. Sits on my drive other than that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If any of you guys are about at Ripspeed Donny (Castle Donnington Race Track) Easter Weekend why not look me up as I will be competing in an IASCA event held there.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
This is no longer Cavweb,......we don't ALL drive Cavaliers LOL!!

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
Bullet proof workhorse, work & back, trips to the tip full of mud/bricks/concrete, family holidays, etc. etc. like it to look nice but first & foremost it is a mode of transport!!;)

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Daily driver about 250 miles per week but its cleaned and maintained religiously so it doesn't bother it

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Used as it should be - hammered up and down A roads a lot and washed once a week or sometimes every 2 weeks .

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Mines a daily driver, used to take kids to school, do the shopping in, take the dogs out etc.. but its washed and waxed on a regular basis and gets too much money spent on it :rolleyes: :lmao:

·
Likes this.
11,102 Posts
I've had my Cavalier for about four and a half years now and have covered the best part of 70,000 miles in it.

It's a daily driver whatever the weather, family transport, shopping car, taking stuff to the tip car, going on holiday car and show car rolled into one :lmao:

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Mine was used daily for 6-7 months in 2004 but come December 2004 it came off the road over winter and has never made it back and the engine now stays in a Corsa Gsi.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Weekends really and even then that's not a great deal. Most use is when i go back home to Newcastle - a 500 mile or so round trip.

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Dazzi-Gsi said:
Mine was used daily for 6-7 months in 2004 but come December 2004 it came off the road over winter and has never made it back and the engine now stays in a Corsa Gsi.
No way :eh I didn't know that , is it coming back or are you having to much fun in a carbed corsa .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts