Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhino

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Vauxhall Vivaro - which I use for my own dog grooming business and I am looking to buy a roof rack - does anyone have any recommendations????

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,209 Posts
With roof racks, it really depends on what you intend to mostly put on it?
If you need to slide stuff on from the back, then the rhino with the rear roller is good.
If you put heavy stuff on from the sides (as I do) then having a higher side on the roof rack is not too good.
So as with most add-ons it's all relevant as to how you want to use it!
(I know! no help at all :D but food for thought :))

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
if you want quality then the Rhino seem to be well made I've seen more of them on trade vans, as DKT1 says what fits your purpose and possibly budget,

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
I've seen some advertised locally as being for a T4/T5 but 'may' fit Vivaro etc. Anyone know if the fitment is the same across different vans?

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,209 Posts
The fixings for a T4 do look similar, but the Vivaro has a 22mm hump on the front and the T4 is flat, so you can't fit a large rack with all 8 fixings, there are some with only the rear 6 but you'll have to measure or find out if they are the same obviously?
I've got the bars on mine which only come on the rear 6 fixings, but as I carry some long stuff wanted the front bar, couldn't get one anywhere,
so bought a s/h back one and modified it, it is not only shorter but sits at a slight angle as well, cut and all welded up and painted, cut the covering boot to fit and bolted it on, first time up the motorway the wind noise and the roof vibrating was horrendous, so had to make an aerofoil for it, all quite now, but 6 hours I'll never get back :D.
Now I know why nearly all the large racks for the Vivaro have an aerofoil?

·
Mud Lover
526 Posts
I've got an old Rhino one from a Combo van, which I edited to fit my Astra Mk3.

Seemed really well built, and all bolts together, so you can add or remove bars if need be.

I've not seen a VanGuard one, so can't comment on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts