Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What turbo is out there that I could posible straight swop with easy modifications to my dti 1.7 engine I Dow mind using and turbo posible or lacking flange for manifold was looking at a mk5 z19dth turbo Astra would be happy with around 150 200 just to help my van abit have filter and exhaust already can do al the work my self any help would be great

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What turbo is out there that I could posible straight swop with easy modifications to my dti 1.7 engine I Dow mind using any turbo posible or macking a flange for manifold was looking at a mk5 z19dth turbo can it work Astra would be happy with around 150 200 just to help my van abit have filter and exhaust already can do al the work my self any help would be great

·
18,177 Posts
Doubt a dti is going to make those sort of figures.
A CDTI is a different matter though.
What is it sat in at the moment?

·
Registered
185 Posts
What turbo is out there that I could posible straight swop with easy modifications to my dti 1.7 engine I Dow mind using and turbo posible or lacking flange for manifold was looking at a mk5 z19dth turbo Astra would be happy with around 150 200 just to help my van abit have filter and exhaust already can do al the work my self any help would be great
It would be major money and loads of work, so no. Just get a new car with a bigger turbo.

Your insurance would also be affected aa well as the engine life, you would also have to upgrade other expensive stuff like the intercooler, oil and water cooling system for the new bigger turbo. Then there's the issue of the con rods which will need to be expensive as well as differences in the pistons.

If you're looking for a cheap boost, start by adding a bigger triple core intercooler the insurance bump would also be cheaper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Standard dti 1.7 have exhaust filter already plus intercooler when ready I spoke to someone how’s running k03 corsa Vxr turbo with just exhaust an uprated 6 paddle clutch on standard internals witch a lot say are fine for WTH a map at 200 witch is a bolt on job just modified exhaust at a little bit of cost

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be major money and loads of work, so no. Just get a new car with a bigger turbo.

Your insurance would also be affected aa well as the engine life, you would also have to upgrade other expensive stuff like the intercooler, oil and water cooling system for the new bigger turbo. Then there's the issue of the con rods which will need to be expensive as well as differences in the pistons.

If you're looking for a cheap boost, start by adding a bigger triple core intercooler the insurance bump would also be cheaper.
Standard dti 1.7 have exhaust filter already plus intercooler when ready I spoke to someone how’s running k03 corsa Vxr turbo with just exhaust an uprated 6 paddle clutch on standard internals witch a lot say are fine for WTH a map at 200 witch is a bolt on job just modified exhaust at a little bit of cost

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How come u Dow think cdti won’t make those figers a lot of peaple seam to use bigga lira turbo what seam to kick in lata but more reliable I think as lower down turbo just Gona blow up quicker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts