Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have an Astra G and am looking at induction kits. The market is huge and wanted a few peoples thoughts on whats best. Please note, Everything under the bonnet (and exhaust) is standard.......

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are probably right, I just dont like the look of the "black coffin" standard box, and there must SOME benifit from an induction kit.....

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
best off not fitting one,

all they do is suck in all the hot air from around the engine and reduce the performance,

best bet is to open up your airbox, remove the 2 pipes coming into it and come out (they just complicate the airflow) then remove cold airfeed pipe and replace it with one from a vectra (much larger so allows more air in easier) then lastly fit a panel filter (k&n or pipercross are best)

all in all will cost £45 at most, will give you the best performance increase, cheaper than a tacky induction kit, and will still sound a little better,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Folks. Andy, what you are saying makes a lot of sense. You know what its like though, when you look at cars in magazines they all seem to have induction kits, i just assumed it would be much better than any panel filter even with a few changes to the standard box. Glad I asked now!!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Cheers Folks. Andy, what you are saying makes a lot of sense. You know what its like though, when you look at cars in magazines they all seem to have induction kits, i just assumed it would be much better than any panel filter even with a few changes to the standard box. Glad I asked now!!
if you put a "wall" around the kit separating it from the engine then ran a large cold air feed from the grille to it, it would be ok,
but is easier/cheaper to do what i said above, if you need any help explaining what to do exactly for what i said let me know and ill try to help out :up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers mate, I dont doubt what you say, and the box and engine cover in the pic looks the mutz nutz. One thing is...(I live in Gosport) where should I go for the cold airfeed pipe from a vectra? I dont know where any scrap yards are, havnt lived here long...... Thanks for your replys by the way.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts