Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shake

Well good morning - why am i up so early?!

Planned to take the MV6 a wee run this morning to stretch its legs, wash and polish it - was nice here yesterday

Got up about 630am plans afoot ( yeah mad)

DISCOVERED! 8 INCHES OF SNOW - Ive gone and measured it! snow drift on front alloy means its nearly up to irmscher cap ground up and "bee sting" arieal totally submerged bar about 1 inch!!!

DONT fancy driving in that - roads are horrendous - mind you wifes 2.5 v5 safrane just got her to work in it all no problems - stunning performer.

So just how bad has anyone taken the rear wheel beast out in?!

L

·
0 Posts
Weather report in Derby... :)

Cloudy, cold (approx 2c) and not a flake of snow in sight! :(

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive stuck a few in house shots of "omega in the snow" on my pics below ( mv6 link) no chance of that going anywhere in a straight line :shake

L

·
0 Posts
Yep, having looked at those pics I would not be driving anywhere unless I had to !

Hehe, I'm not the haggis lover! I brought it back for Mark.
We were forecast quite a bit of snow overnight.... hmmm! :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
That makes a change to the town where it always rains! I haven't had the pleasure yet of owning an Omega but in my old BMW 750 it was quite hairy to drive in the snow...Mind you it was a pre-traction control model but with lsd....The only real problem I had was that someone parked opposite the entry of our driveway meaning I had to slow down and then didn't have enough grip left to drive up our driveway....It's definitely a situation where front wheel drive has got an advantage...Hence Saab/Volvo are front wheel driven on relatively small tyres even on power models....

But you've got to have a go...I love driving in the snow....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dejongj

nope nope not going out in that! Glasgow Airports shut, buses are off and nothing has passed outside ( not even one car)

Remember its the 3.0 v6 rwd omega - sometimes scares me in the dry :p
despite my annoyance im house bound - means my systematic dismantling of "project vi" is snowed off too....jeez im bored!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tell me, can the 3.0 V6 rear end snake when floored? That really scared my on my V12 BMW, and roundabouts in the wet :)

You are probably wise, I just couldn't resist to go for a little spin....Alternatively you can always build a big snow man, or a replica snow version Safrane to confuse your wife...

L

·
0 Posts
Warning...!!! :bust:

Do not mention you are bored to the wife!
She will immediately give you a LONG list of things to do round the house!:eh

I am making sure I get stuff sorted now (meant to be doing a report for work!) so I can watch the grand prix later on in peace and quiet. :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hee hee
wife early shift, son gone to his grandads for weekend, stuck inside no one here so i am sure i can say i am bored with out her knowing, mind you she is only 5 miles away she may hear me type the word bored :D

Snowman - safrane djondj you got me thinking....wheres me gloves.....

As for the omega rear end sticking out - handle with car when wet very slippery in the wrong hands, were talking 217 bhp i think..?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
just spent since about 0200 pushing, pulling, digging, shouting at various twazzocks in cars that can cut through snow andsuch like a surgeons knife - if only they were in the hands of surgeons, not hamfisted, single braincell types that got a licence to drivd fir good attendance...

and the company 330 beemer never got stuck once.....

and the drive home in the mv6 was a HOOT - can recommend !!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
1ft drifts here in Blackpool. Snow on road only about 2" deep though. Just off o ut to pick kid up. If car gets wrapped up I'll post the bits on here !

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now so bad here that you cant actually distinguish from the bonet to roof on the omega its just a 45degree slope from front of bonnet to mid roof - boring i know but just about to update more pics - havent seen snow this bad in about 5 years here!

·
Banned
175 Posts
Yep,
i live in Durham and we have snow here also but roads are still passable. Only had the Omega a few weeks and i would have to say its POO!!!!!!!! in the snow.
My previous car a Saab 9000 Aero was front wheel drive but was only marginally better due to the nature of the beast.
Anyway i used it to go to the Swimming baths at 8am and managed "gingerly" to get there and back safe and sound.

Darryl

·
Registered
353 Posts
About 2" of snow here on Merseyside and still coming down! cosidering taking the barge out later to a large empty car park I know to practice a few donuts:D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had to rock n dig a guy out a foot+drift next to my omega, on the main road, on a bus route!!! - was concerned he was gonna slide into it hence the help lol lol

Seriously i would have done it anyway - went ( looking like a pillock) and cleared the omega - hate litle kids coming along and taking snow off it and scratching it!!!

bonnet drift was up to up by my glove and way by where my watch would be ( so about 10-12" i kid ye not

1 - 20 of 29 Posts