Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Only going forward :)
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you may have gathered from my previous thread i went to look at a Cav CDi today.

The guy seemed genuine and has tried to look after the car, so it hasn't wanted for much.

Has a small amount of rust around the arches as you'd expect on a 15 year old 140k car. But other than that very original and very tidy.

Will need to clean it properly and sort the handbrake which is nearly vertical by the time it engages and the other usual Cav things.

Couldn't resist it so here it is.

Not bad for £275.

Well I'm pleased anyway, so a few more years of Cav ownership to follow hopefully.

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does look tidy :up:

Facelift too, which is nice
Yes i was quite relieved to find it was facelift.

Disappointed at the lack of electric sunroof that some suggested it might have and not overly keen on the leather steering wheel either, but overall very pleased.

Had new shocks and springs front and back about two years ago so it drives really nice as well compared to my very soggy LS.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
The cdx had the electric sunroof and so did the opel vectra cd,I can't remember seeing one factory fitted on the cavalier cdi even though its not difficult to fit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice car I like the colur too.

TBH I think no sun roof can be a blessing on an older car. Both my Micra and Clio leaked.

The Micra was comedy, it used to store water then the first roundabout I came to (remember I'm in Milton Keynes) it used to give the passenger an unexpected shower.

I hope that car goes well for you Mark.

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice car I like the colur too.

TBH I think no sun roof can be a blessing on an older car. Both my Micra and Clio leaked.

The Micra was comedy, it used to store water then the first roundabout I came to (remember I'm in Milton Keynes) it used to give the passenger an unexpected shower.

I hope that car goes well for you Mark.
Colour is ok, seems a bit tame compare to the metallic red of my LS. Should sine up real nice though :).

cav sunroofs aint so bad tbh dont leak often. the manual mech just unscrews an the motor bolts on its real easy
Yes I'll have to keep a look out for one, gonna be on the to do list thats for sure.

Can't believe it, just fitted an electric aerial to the LS after 3 years of saying i must do that and I've bought a CD with a broken one :grrr.

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
Insignia SRi VX-Line
4,881 Posts
give me a shout if you need an electric sunroof - have one with all the switches etc (somewhere)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.