Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Well I've shown my face at the meeting point for the rolling road day and removed my tubby rear lights and fitted standard GSI ones again :Cool2:

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Atlantean said:
Agreed :Cool2: Anyone else there at the meeting point?
I left when they made their way to jamsport, there was;

PVO_dave
Goonas
Jimbo jet set
Wannabe_cowboy
tidzy
C3MKY
Japcav
Dan_Gliballs
Matt N
Dunc

There was a couple more but I forget who they are lol :lmao:

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Atlantean said:
A right little posse there!
Plus there was the group that stayed in the hotels and other people heading straight to Jamsport, I think its gonna be quite a good meet.

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Atlantean said:
I am sure some people were wondering what the hell was going on :lmao:
More than likely, we were standing in a group in the middle of the road for some reason :lmao: dodgy deals being made etc money changing hands, and people complaining of the price of service station food and drink.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Danboy22uk said:
and people complaining of the price of service station food and drink.
Only about the price! Last time I was in one the quality was my biggest problem never mind them trying to rob me at the same time! :bust:

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Atlantean said:
Only about the price! Last time I was in one the quality was my biggest problem never mind them trying to rob me at the same time! :bust:
Mind you that didn't stop them going in and buying stuff, I wasn't actually awake at the time I just crawled out of bed threw some clothes on and got in the car and drove for 10mins :lmao: mind you the winds woke me up.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Not actual 'work' on car as such..... but will wash both of them.... maybe a little bit of tinkering by ways of fluids check and clean up engine bay or something like that.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Danboy22uk said:
Mind you that didn't stop them going in and buying stuff, I wasn't actually awake at the time I just crawled out of bed threw some clothes on and got in the car and drove for 10mins :lmao: mind you the winds woke me up.
I don't use them so much these days but when I worked for a Magazine and we were out on the road doing truck tests we always made sure where we were going to stop for food. Most of the trucks we tested were demo units from the UK and so we would have a factory driver with us. They were always amazed where we would stop - food was so much better that the bog standard UK motorway stops.

Once there was 4 of us out with an Iveco. Stopped for breakfast in what looked like an old house with a massive area around it to park the trucks. We had 4 full Irish - A couple of sausages, rashers, black and white pudding, fried tomato, mushroomes, hash browns, and an egg cooked the way you wanted it with as much tea/coffee toast and bread as we wanted all for €21! This was made to order - not sitting on a hot plate. The guys from Iveco could not believe it! We stopped for lunch later and the two got totally stuffed :lmao:

C

·
0 Posts
Peter, you know much about trucks?
2 wednesdays running my work lorry has blown the oil compressor up, well 2 compressors in a row :lmao:

Atlantean said:
Fancy doing my gearbox oil then? :lmao:
Yeah I'll just dig out my passport.......

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CallyT said:
Peter, you know much about trucks?
2 wednesdays running my work lorry has blown the oil compressor up, well 2 compressors in a row :lmao:

Yeah I'll just dig out my passport.......
What the fook do you need a passport for?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts