Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
My alternator just died and while I was changing it I realised that the steel pipe going into the back of the water pump was rusted and has a tiny pinhole. New part is on its way but how the hell do you get the old one out. The van is stripped down. Whole front end just about. Radiator, starter motor out and various other bits too. I have the pipe loose but how is it fixed into the pump housing? Looks like it is just pushed in but i don't want to force it out until I know that's the right thing to do. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its part no 24 on the attached image. Looks like its a push fit but doesnt want to come out easily. It spins but wont move. I wondered if there was something holding it on the inside of the waterpump but maybe i just need to prise it out harder. Didnt want to go daft until i knew a bit more. I will have another go. It is totally rusted through at the top corner. Terrible design and not good for a 2010 van. Just about impossible to get to the daft wee m8 bolt holding it on to the engine. If you ever have to replace one make sure you use a hex socket and not the ring type as the bolt head is soft as.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts