Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a coolant leak tried rad weld plus but has not worked but water bootle keeps emptying ant ideas thanks

·
everson38
160 Posts
i have a coolant leak tried rad weld plus but has not worked but water bootle keeps emptying ant ideas thanks
What make and model of car is it, it could be a few things, can you explain alotlle more in detail the issues

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What make and model of car is it, it could be a few things, can you explain alotlle more in detail the issues

zafira 1.6 water bottle keeps going empty but can't find any water leak

·
everson38
160 Posts
zafira 1.6 water bottle keeps going empty but can't find any water leak
I would top it back up and prepare to get.comfortable. start the car and watch to see if coolant is leaking out.

If you can see anything it could be heater matrix , so look out for wet carpets or if it's leaking internally. Ideal you could do with a pressure test before thinking headhasket if you can see it leaking out once topped back up.

Leak at radiator / radiator bleed screw for leaks.
Expansion bottle - check for hair line cracks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not the matrix cant see any leaks any were it looks like need a pressure test will i get this done at garage thanks

·
everson38
160 Posts
its not the matrix cant see any leaks any were it looks like need a pressure test will i get this done at garage thanks
Hey Bairdy,

Pal just seeing how you go on with getting the motor pressure tested?

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
16,134 Posts
Have you tried leaving a sheet of cardboard or a board under the car overnight, to see if there's any coolant dripped onto it? Have you also checked the water reservoir is not cracked?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts