Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a water ingress on the passenger side, But it's not due to the gland in the scuttle pan as I took that out upon buying the car many years ago, due to reports about water ingress.
The car window frame is in good condition. The drain points are all clear.
But I cannot find where the water is coming in.
I did wonder if it was the heater matrix as the water is coming down the side of the centre console near to the matrix, but no loss of water in water bottle !

Has anyone had a similar problem ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your reply, the water seems to be coming down from behind the heater control knobs on the centre console, because I put a damp meter around the area and that gave the highest reading. The drain plug in the base of the floor plan is still intact. Not sure about a sill drain plug ?

·
Premium Member
14,919 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply, the water seems to be coming down from behind the heater control knobs on the centre console, because I put a damp meter around the area and that gave the highest reading. The drain plug in the base of the floor plan is still intact. Not sure about a sill drain plug ?
There's usually a sill drain plug at the bottom of each sill, this can case water ingress due to the sill being full if water, but if you think the water is coming in above this level, may not be the cause. I know this from my Tigra B owning days. Water came in from the sill into the passengers side floor pan. I soon new this was the issue when I pulled a sill plug out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, thanks for your reply, I would say it's flat, but have been parking it both ways round and still no difference. I would be interested to hear if there is a second gland that I don't know about in the scuttle tray, but according to the you tube videos it only shows the one almost centre at the lowest point. It is extremely frustrating trying to locate the hole the water is coming in from !! 😐
It is only a small amount but builds up over time, the smell of mould is unbearable !!
Thanks for your suggestion, I will make further enquiries.
Jonboyz2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's usually a sill drain plug at the bottom of each sill, this can case water ingress due to the sill being full if water, but if you think the water is coming in above this level, may not be the cause. I know this from my Tigra B owning days. Water came in from the sill into the passengers side floor pan. I soon new this was the issue when I pulled a sill plug out.
Hi again, not an expert but where is the drain plug on the sill ? Underside I assume ? As anything is worth a try !!! Do I sound desperate ?

Jon

·
Premium Member
14,919 Posts
Yes, usually. Looks like a small black plastic plug.
If your still is full of water you can usually hear it whilst driving around, sounds a bit like water sloshing around within your fuel tank. If it was the sill,they tend to over fill with water, then drain back into the floor pan of the car.
I know the Astra H has them, not totally sure about the Vectra though?

·
Worn Out Member
6,222 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, usually. Looks like a small black plastic plug.
If your still is full of water you can usually hear it whilst driving around, sounds a bit like water sloshing around within your fuel tank. If it was the sill,they tend to over fill with water, then drain back into the floor pan of the car.
I know the Astra H has them, not totally sure about the Vectra though?
Hi mate,
I can't hear any water sloshing about in sill, If there is a drain plug it must be under the side skirt on my Vectra C. I will jack the car up and have a closer look.
I have taken the carpet up and place paper towels on the floor, hopefully it will indicate where the water is coming from 🙄
Thanks for your time and your suggestions 👍
Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts