Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all!

Just noticed a small amount of water soaking the carpet in the rear offside floor pan. Have checked and it is definately water. Checked all the obvious such as open windows etc...and know about common prob with the scoop on the bulkhead under the hood (its clean empty and dry!!). I have no idea what it could be...can anyone throw any light on this please? It seems to be just as bad after standing as when motoring, but no sign of water running down from top to bottom!

Here's hoping and thanks ...Mike........Omega 2.5TD Elite Estate

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
have you checked the sunroof drains?

and also the rubber seals around the doors ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eddy

Will check now however...wouldn't there be some sign of water inside the doors etc..(however small) if the door seals were the problem? The water seems to be collecting in the middle of the car and though in the floor pan, it is next to the ''centre'' tunnel. Not too sure where id loom for the sunroof drains though..any further help would be cool
Thanks.

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hello,

IIRC, the sunroof drains into the sills. Door seals is probably the issue on this occasion, but worth opening the sunroof, pouring some water down and seeing if any spills out the bottom of the car at all. If not, check the sill drain holes are not bunged up.

James

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Have just checked the sunroof drains but of course they drain down through the front sill(s). The water is collecting in the rear drivers side floor pan. Thanks anyway though, at least I know that the sunroof is draining correctly now!

Any other help would be cool. Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my Omega 2.2CD, it was acting like a swimming pool. After a few phone calls someone suggested I check the pollen filter compartment under bonnet. Totally full of water, cleaned it out no problem since.

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Right then,

If the scuttle area is clear (which I think your first post says it is) then sit in the car with a torch, get an assistant to spray the car with a hose. Go round any sealed area, door, etc and check for leaks. With a trusted friend, get in the boot with your torch, have them close the boot lid and have them spray the hose, check for leaks coming in on the boot seal.

James

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
There are 4 sunroof drains - 2 at the front & 2 at the back!!

Sounds like your back ones are blocked & are 'overflowing' !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts