Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought the heated leather from Whitebullet this week and I sure most of you will have read about rest of the car being advertised for any parts etc. Well this is it, no one wanted much and it needed shifting pretty sharpish before he got complaints so we bought it today and spent the rest of the afternoon stripping it before it gets weighed in tomorrow. Looks like before it got parked up that it was a mint example but has had all the back end replaced at some point in its life. We dragged it back and fired up the engine to make sure it runs ok before lifting it out

Not a bad old car at all actually and almost a shame to strip but was already half way done and its been off the road for three years slowly decaying, The wheels are the original van ones and we'll be taking them off once the scrapman picks up the body

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

All stripped out

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't resist a little stress relief with my right boot and then a sledge hammer

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Looks a nice motor,What engines in it? Theres a guy about 2 miles away from me with a standard looking one in a metalic green colour with a let under the bonnet.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its all stripped out, track preparred but road legal. XE on throttle bodies under the bonnet- was in Total Vauxhall last Autumn

Once we sorted out what stuff we keeping and selling I'll post up an advert for the parts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scrapped it today- pushed it out of the garage and left it there all morning until the guy turned up. We got a few looks but no comments or reports to the old bill!

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
bigdrifter said:
Scrapped it today- pushed it out of the garage and left it there all morning until the guy turned up. We got a few looks but no comments or reports to the old bill!
Should have left a note on it, this is what happens to customers cars who don't pay.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is exactly what I said to Geoff believe it or not!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guessing that is the after shot and not the before? Front end smashed?

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
bigdrifter said:
Guessing that is the after shot?

Previous owner stoved the front passenger corner in bending the chassis, so it was stripped and sold off, I got to pick up what was left.

Type RA has got nothing on what was done to make this lighter ;)

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The funny thing with the Calibra is that the heated seat wiring is there from the loom to the seats but not for the switches- had leather in and switches were there but no plugs on the back of the switches. Ripped the dash to bits looking for them but no where to be seen!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts