Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dave
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy asked me to look at his 1.8 16v vectra b today as he said the brakes was crap on it. But as i put a new brake line on it the other month i said it may have abit of air in it so i bled them again and they are still crap. So i looked at the front discs and pads and the disc looks ok not too bad but the pads have worn on a angle the are fatter near the centre of the disc and thinner on the outside of the disc. Will that mean the discs have warped ? I drove the car and as i thought the disc may have warped i thought the steering wheel would wobble too but it seems fine.

Ive told the guy to buy new discs and pads do you think im right in doing so ??

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
try cleaning up the calipers slide bolts and using fresh grease and clean the rust and old bits of brake dust build up from the part of the caliper bracket where the pads sit,put a small drop of brake fluid under the dust cover of the piston and work the piston back and forth ,but make sure you open the bleed nipple on the caliper when pushing the piston in,do this to both front brakes and bleed the system again and you'll find it will be a much better brake.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Agreed, warped discs always cause a vibration in the pedal during braking in my experience. I also find you really need to be going some to warp a vented disc.

On the otherhand a swift trip across Milton keys saw the solids on my Astra off quite sucessfully the other day :shame:

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
the thin bit is where it's catching the disk,it will wear down to metal and kill the disk anyway,new pad's and disk's required,and make sure you clean any rust off the hub's before refitting or the chances are it will go the same way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.