Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Likes this.
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an announcement primarily to male members of this forum, but it also applies to female members too.

Every time a female member joins this forum, they are plagued by male users to post up pictures of themselves, or are subjected to all sorts of sexual innuendos by the sex-starved geeks on here.

Whilst it may not be offensive to
some of the ladies we have as members on here, I'm pretty sure it will frighten others away.

I don't care that this is The Shed and is a predominantly over 18 area. You wouldn't walk into a pub and say to a girl "Wooah, you're tasty, can I see your tits" without getting either slapped in the face or kicked out of the pub would you? So why is it acceptable to "stalk" members of this forum as some of you seem to do.

Delving into users Photobucket (for example) accounts and posting any personal pictures, while not illegal, is not fair either. OK, the pictures are in the public domain and all that, but what's the point? Is it some sort of ego thing? The "oooo I'm great, look what I've found" factor? It's pathetic if you ask me.

Banter of a risqué nature is one thing, we're all guilty of that. But this constant hounding of new members is not acceptable.

Anyone found taking things too far on a regular basis with new members from now on will be warned. Anyone choosing to ignore the warnings will be banned. I know it sounds harsh, but please try to look at it from a shy female's point of view. Hopefully most of you are mature enough to understand why we need to do this. If we want to grow as a community we really shouldn't try and frighten away prospective new forum members.

Regards

The VxON Moderating Team.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
Fair play Steve :Cool2:

It's just sometimes a little difficult for those of us who's **** leads us instead of our brain.

I'd give anything to be like Ann Widdecombe :beer:

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
My apologies if I offended anyone.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I feel my appology here is needed rather than a big huuuuge post trying to rationalise some of the things said when clearly I would just be doing it for ego sake.

So I openly appologise to Patty, and anyone else who has taken offense of anything I said not just last night but atall.

I would like to say that I am not usually like this and dont know why I did go like that last night, I more than likely read the situation wrong, as I am somewhat of a joker I occasionally do take things too far, just because I can take it I dont always understand that others cant just the same, thats my bad judgement and again I can only appologise for my actions.

Think actually I have become somewhat trigger happy on here of late, might be down to boredom whilst being jobless but its no excuse and I'll be keeping my head down and posting where needs be in future rather than simply for the sake of it.

Again, sorry to anyone I have offended over time, im not trying to worm out of the blaim one bit, Im accepting it.

Matt.

·
KIWI meaty girl...
3,280 Posts
Nice one Steve and mod team.

Long overdue. :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
One of our friends who likes her car and loves driving was quite keen to sign up, and even though she is broad minded, she was surprised and wary of how she would handle the content of some of the posts.......

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
it seems the same people hunt in packs and, as has been said, once it starts its very difficult for someone to be heard to say stop.

unfortunately this happens in every forum but if we are to attract more members of the fairer sex it does need to be policed pretty carefully.

so good on you for making a stand and saying 'enough is enough'.

·
Premium Member
13,310 Posts
i would dare goet too friendly as erindoors sometimes stick her nose in!!

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
ADA-V said:
it seems the same people hunt in packs and, as has been said, once it starts its very difficult for someone to be heard to say stop.

unfortunately this happens in every forum but if we are to attract more members of the fairer sex it does need to be policed pretty carefully.

so good on you for making a stand and saying 'enough is enough'.
I've never been a pack hunter. I tend to go to the watering hole when It's dark and the more vulnerable creatures are having a drink.
I mostly try to catch them by suprise:Cool2:

·
Likes this.
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LSI said:
So I openly appologise to Patty, and anyone else who has taken offense of anything I said not just last night but atall.
It's not about last night really, that was just what triggered us into posting the announcement.

This is about what happens pretty much every single time a chatty female joins the forum.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
SteveW said:
It's not about last night really, that was just what triggered us into posting the announcement.

This is about what happens pretty much every single time a chatty female joins the forum.
Which is why I said not just last night but atall mate.

·
Likes this.
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LSI said:
Which is why I said not just last night but atall mate.
I know, but it seemed to me that judging by the replies (that have since been deleted) in the "Who am I" thread that a number of people thought that all this was brought on solely by the actions towards Patty. Which it wasn't.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Certain people may aswell copy and paste their replies to new females when they sign up. Damn its all so very, very, very sad.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Here here Steve, extremely well put, without being too harsh on the matter you got the point across.

Takes me back to my moderator days on MSN game chat rooms.

·
Registered
61 Posts
it's the internet allover unfortunately, my missus gets it all the time

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.