Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Carlton GSi3000, don't mind if 12v or 24v but must have manual gearbox. Must have MOT at least until November06, preferably a bit of tax.

I don't care how scruffy the interior or bodywork is, but mechanicals have to work! I would also consider 2.6 or 3.0 manual carlton

South UK - home counties, essex ideally

Cheers - Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
far far away

Hi Andy, Bristol is probably a bit far to travel, but sitting on my driveway is met black '93 24v manual. The car is not scruffy at all - in fact the body is in amazing condition with only a couple of rust spots (none in the arches).
The interior is near perfect and it goes like the clappers, the m.o.t. is March 07 - nearly new tyres but sadly no tax.
Bad points? will need an exhaust quite soon, and you might need a mate who's an auto electrician as there's an annoying intermittent fault with the dash guages.......I can post some digital photos of all the relevant areas so give it some thought.
The car has only coveres 120k, but I never seem to use the thing anymore, and if you dont use it...it dies.
I'm looking for a Carlton GSi3000, don't mind if 12v or 24v but must have manual gearbox. Must have MOT at least until November06, preferably a bit of tax.

I don't care how scruffy the interior or bodywork is, but mechanicals have to work! I would also consider 2.6 or 3.0 manual carlton

Cheers - Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
far far away

Hi Andy, Bristol is probably a bit far to travel, but sitting on my driveway is met black '93 24v manual. The car is not scruffy at all - in fact the body is in amazing condition with only a couple of rust spots (none in the arches).
The interior is near perfect and it goes like the clappers, the m.o.t. is March 07 - nearly new tyres but sadly no tax.
Bad points? will need an exhaust quite soon, and you might need a mate who's an auto electrician as there's an annoying intermittent fault with the dash guages.......I can post some digital photos of all the relevant areas so give it some thought.
The car has only coveres 120k, but I never seem to use the thing anymore, and if you dont use it...it dies.

Cheers - Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
gsi.

Sitting on my driveway is a little used met black '93 24v manual with 113k on clock (genuine) mot till March 07 - but no tax.
Body and interior are decidedly UN-scruffy with almost no rust, and none in the arches or door pillars that you see in many others, half leather int with no tears splits or other horrors.
Bad stuff? will need an exhaust soon, intermittent electrical fault affecting guages (loose connection or solder joint - a sharp tap on the top of the dashboard cures it - till the next time), squealing handbrake shoes and some noises beginning to make themselves heard from rear axle (I'm told this is common).
If you or anyone in the club is interested, I can post some pics of all the important area -I'd like to see it go to a good home as I dont use it anymore, and if you dont use them....they die.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gsi.

Sitting on my driveway is a little used met black '93 24v manual with 113k on clock (genuine) mot till March 07 - but no tax.
Body and interior are decidedly UN-scruffy with almost no rust, and none in the arches or door pillars that you see in many others, half leather int with no tears splits or other horrors.
Bad stuff? will need an exhaust soon, intermittent electrical fault affecting guages (loose connection or solder joint - a sharp tap on the top of the dashboard cures it - till the next time), squealing handbrake shoes and some noises beginning to make themselves heard from rear axle (I'm told this is common).
If you or anyone in the club is interested, I can post some pics of all the important area -I'd like to see it go to a good home as I dont use it anymore, and if you dont use them....they die.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
pm most definately sent!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
too expensive!

thanks for the info - its in better condition that I require - bodywork and interior look good, more importantly its too expensive!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.