Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6,336 Posts
heh heh ... go Bob :up: I've still not moved any farther than having the engine sat in the garage ... ;)

/edit ... I've just been over to 16v ... I thought you already had an engine? what's this one for?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ads V6's and callymental's are both a bit too far for me to go unfortunately.

James, i do have an engine which i got a bit over-enthusiastic with and completely stripped it. Now instead of rebuilding it for when the car is ready to be tested, i'll get another V6 to use instead. This way i can rebuild my spare V6 with some slightly different, slightly more expensive parts. Also if i get another F25 with it, i could have a standard gearbox for road use, and a quaiffe ATB diff in the other gearbox for track use. :cool:

Surely you must be finished fixing up your wifes clubman by now, time to crack on with yours? I wouldn't be so sure i will finish mine first, i'm going to uni in September so it won't even be running until next summer (assuming i get hold of another engine!).

·
6,336 Posts
James, i do have an engine which i got a bit over-enthusiastic with and completely stripped it. Now instead of rebuilding it for when the car is ready to be tested, i'll get another V6 to use instead. This way i can rebuild my spare V6 with some slightly different, slightly more expensive parts. Also if i get another F25 with it, i could have a standard gearbox for road use, and a quaiffe ATB diff in the other gearbox for track use. :cool:
lol :up: the temptation ... it's always difficult to stick to the original simple idea along the way isn't it? :lmao: ;)

my first go at the clubman/v6 is intended to be a quick hack up as a practise run for a K-wality build 'next' time ... well that's the plan heh heh

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it's always good to have spares. :Cool2:

Quick hack up, does this mean you'll dive straight in with the angle grinder without 'spit-roasting' it and spending time on the panels? That's what i did! I figure if i run into any panels that need replacing, i'll do it after the main fabrication. That way you can get on with the fun stuff straight away! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.