Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy 1990-1995 Cavalier (Diplomat or similar spec.).

Things that I am after are:
4 door saloon; rust free body; 2.0l 8v or 16v engine (preferably low mileage); 5 speed manual gearbox; ABS; power steering; air conditioning; electric windows, sunroof, rearview mirrors (heated); leather or cloth interior with heated seats; fuel computer; headlight washer/wiper; alloy wheels.

Perfect color would be metallic black, but it's not very important.
London area would be great, but location of the car is not very important.
Car has to be ready and legal for 1000+ miles drive.

There are few more things that make this trade a bit more tricky :cool:

I don't live in UK, so I can't personally inspect the car. This is why I would like to buy car from someone from the club. As soon as I find the right car I will pay for it, but I will not be able to pick it up until the end of October (that's when I come to UK).
In a mean time that someone should keep the car for me.

Car will be exported from UK, so I need to know what kind of administrative paper work needs to be done in UK.
I need to drive car to my country, so what is procedure for UK log out?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont they sell cavaliers in serbia?
:lmao: They do.

But, there is BUT.

Normally it is only allowed to import cars that comply with Euro3 standards. It can not be converted, it had to come from the factory complying with that standard.

On the other hand it is allowed to import shell as a spare part for a car you already have.

I own totaled Cav. I had a frontal crash with a moron who was driving drunk on the wrong side of the street.

Prices for Cavaliers in UK are better (for buyer :cool: ) than in Serbia, or even rest of Europe. Such hi-spec cars are not even available. For example leather interior is extremely rare in Europe.

I'm coming to UK at the end of October to see a friend, and I thought that would be a good opportunity to buy a car.

Of course after importing it to my country I will convert it to LHD, using components from my wrecked car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts