Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted, the plastic around the rear speakers, the tailgate etc. in black, from a cavalier hatchback.

The plastic around the speakers should have the clips that hold the parcel shelf with the rear headrests.

Anyone got any of these in good condition?

Cheers

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
scharatz said:
The plastic around the speakers should have the clips that hold the parcel shelf with the rear headrests.

Anyone got any of these in good condition?

Cheers
I thought the supports that held the 'headrested' parcel shelf was the one that bolts behind the plastic & is riveted to the seat back lock thingy, due to the weight of the shelf being too much for the plastic?

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Domski said:
I thought the supports that held the 'headrested' parcel shelf was the one that bolts behind the plastic & is riveted to the seat back lock thingy, due to the weight of the shelf being too much for the plastic?
I stand corrected :Cool2:

But the plastic trim is also different to accomodate the parcel shelf holders (thanks Andy M) so I'll need one that has the correct cutouts, i.e. is from a car that had rear headrests.

Will also need the parcel shelf holders.

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
I presume you are swpping from grey to black?

I think the one I got was 'converted' from a normal plastic bit to accomodate the shelf supports. Basically it has a 'bit' cut out of it.

If you ask 'TdiSte' , I got mine from him so he may have done it himself?

·
6,336 Posts
[nothelpful mode]
typical ... just offloaded the Black hatch shell with 80% of the original trim ...
[/nothelpfulmode]

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Domski said:
I presume you are swpping from grey to black?
Precisely :Cool2: I'll see if I can find the proper ones but if now I might do what you suggested.

JamesM said:
typical ... just offloaded the Black hatch shell with 80% of the original trim ...
I thought you said there was nothing left inside?

vauxmaster said:
I've got a pair of rear hatch shelves in black and the brackets, but no clips?

any good mate?
Are those the ones from a car which had the rear headrests? I'm still not 100% sure how it works with clips/brackets etc.

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
scharatz said:
Are those the ones from a car which had the rear headrests? I'm still not 100% sure how it works with clips/brackets etc.
Yes... Came out of a V6 Dippy Hatch. :Cool2:

Can see if I can find some clips at a local scrappy unless u don't mind searching for some urself?

·
8,709 Posts
Pics as promised...

The red square shows where the shelf has a piece missing for the bracket and locating clip to sit.

couple of scuffs on the ledge where the parcel shelf sits but not seen when the shelf is in place.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Top man
I didn't realise the whole thing is made in one piece. Is that possible to send or will I need to come and pick it up?

Also, do you have the trim that goes around the tailgate, on the tailgate itself? I'm talking about the 3 plastic strips (top and side) and the cloth screw-on panel that goes at the bottom.

·
8,709 Posts
scharatz said:
Top man
I didn't realise the whole thing is made in one piece. Is that possible to send or will I need to come and pick it up?

Also, do you have the trim that goes around the tailgate, on the tailgate itself? I'm talking about the 3 plastic strips (top and side) and the cloth screw-on panel that goes at the bottom.
I only have those two bits and the brackets left mate...

I can send it but it would be easier if u came to collect. :Cool2:

having a good clear out ready for the move... £5 collected due to no clips and the scuffs. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds perfect. You're in Dartford, aren't you?

I'll be in Greenwich Monday and Tuesday so could come round and pick them up. Are evenings good for you?

·
8,709 Posts
scharatz said:
Sounds perfect. You're in Dartford, aren't you?

I'll be in Greenwich Monday and Tuesday so could come round and pick them up. Are evenings good for you?
Nr Dartford...

evenings would be best chap. :Cool2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.