Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title really, I've gone and done it again :lmao: :shame: :shake
As near to Sheffield as possible please.

Rich

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Was quite a few on ebay when i was looking for one, still havent found one :cry:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there always have been in the past, just don't seem to be any now. Typical :)
Why don't you get a headset for yours and do the gasket? Its less work than swapping the whole engine :)

Rich

·
Registered
28 Posts
ive got one sat in my front garden covered over valves bent but got a s/hand set on another head in garage if thats any good to anyone or for parts head is ok no warping or cracks
let me explain this came out of my vectra thought it was knackerd but found out later it was rad that was us anyway put it back in and forgot to do timing my m8 said shall he try it b4 i could say no hed turned the key and started for about 10 secs i pulled the plug but it was smoking so assumed was bent valves could just be oil in pistons burning off so didnt want to take the chance and as car was in peices i put in my spare so there u go its a good engine done 68000 if i remember rite
email me on [email protected] if anyones interested

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ave got astra td if its any good
Yeah, might be some use matey, going to wait on adrian 35's reply, as he's a bit nearer than you :) Cheers though.

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102313
Im trying to do the most cost effective thing, you see i dont wanna do the gasket etc only to find its not gonna work cause of the state of the pistons :(
Ahh, sorry mate not been keeping up. Those bores don't look ideal. I've got a block and pistons, but no conrods, if that's any use to you? Though it'd probably cost more to build it up than a complete one.

Rich

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Bump for Rich C :Cool2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts