Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VxOn Regimental Piper
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I would like to point out that I am not racist and I'm not prone to bouts of inciting religious hatred and I'm not religious or a Christian.

Today I took my mother who is disabled to the shops as she finds it difficult to walk. While I was waiting with my car (I won't leave a car around there alone) I was listening to the radio (won't mention which station because W.T.F do they do for us?) But there is this guy in Afghanistan who has converted to Christianity from Muslim and because it is contrary to law, he is now facing the death penalty. But any sentence has been stopped as the prosecution has been told that he may be unable to stand trial because someone thinks he is mentally ill. But there is no law to stop christens converting to Islam! I used to work with 2 guy who was banished from their village in Kurdistan because they where the only two Christens in the village (NO Little Brittan jokes please) A village where they where born. W.T.F is going on in the world! But considering that along with Christianity, Islam teaches tolerance for others? I can't for the life of me work it out at all...

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
kai said:
not just that, its his own family that turned him in.
Yeah kinda like the film Highlander when he survived a battle after near death .

·
Registered
836 Posts
Pluss if we were to go over there wearing revealing clothing that our culture is ok with wed probly get stoned or somthing, but we try stop em wearing thier **** over here and its against thier human rights? wtf the world has had it

·
8,417 Posts
Hmm yeah there are mosques here , ever likely to see a church over there ?

·
Floater
3,596 Posts
this same thing happens the world over, the persecution of christians in non-christian countries... :grrr

but the same doesnt happen in supposedly 'christian' countries..

·
Banned
489 Posts
This is just my opinion so lets not get offend people...

I believe religion is the number 1 problem in the world today...how many MILLIONS of people have died due to people having no tolerance for someone else's belief.

Religion is for weak minded people to use as a crutch,something to lean on and make them feel there's more to life than being born...procreating and then dying....Im not knocking people for believing in an out dated load of old nonsense as its there choice,but when millions upon millions have died over the years is religion such a good thing.?

Is believing in something that you never see...touch..taste..communicate with nor effect you sensible,let alone kill others because they don't believe in what you believe in.:mmmm

·
8,417 Posts
Exactly religion is bullshit , I'm an athiest .

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
The 2 biggest causes of war in the past god knows how long are politics and religion. Like stu, i like to believe in what i can see, touch, taste etc and will never change BUT i will never knock anyone for their beliefs.
However, people like the suicide bombers that quote the koran as their reason to do what they do are not true believers as i dont think there is one religion that says violence against others is acceptable.
This is one subject that does get me very boiled up so i will leave it at that.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
just because a dog is born in a stable dont make it a horse.......

thats all i want to say on the matter

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Ahem.
The Crusades were a series of several military campaigns:
Originally, they were Roman Catholic Holy Wars to recapture Jerusalem and the Holy Land from the Muslims

·
VxOn Regimental Piper
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blotto_otto said:
@ reverb, politics and religion, my point exactly. People using the cover of religion to do what they think is justified.
Hey Otto, When you signed up for the BA what did you put for Religion? I left it blank and was "TOLD" to put in something, so I put Martian!:lmao:

And it's his own family who grassed him up? I have a friend who is in charge of investigations for the DSS (Those people who sometimes follow you about to see if you are working while claiming benefits) and he said to me 99.9% of people who was reported for working while claiming benefits are grassed up by family members!

·
Registered
24 Posts
They know the risks of breaking the laws of their country.

Right or wrong, that's how it is.

Whether there are mosques etc. over here is irrelevant since we allow it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts