Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

141 - 160 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Hi, yes, it's 23 on an Astra SRi or Vectra SRi with 6 months experience of that or a similar car. Will you be close to your 23rd Birthday when the renewal is due?

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
It's actually set by the insurers on our panel to ensure that the scheme works for the majority. They've seen that claims on SRi's are more prevalent for under 23s. If we started attracting unprofitable business the overall scheme would be put in jeopardy.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I am currently being relegated to my wifes '02 registered easytronic 5 door opel corsa, (new auto zaf she only has auto licence) phoned my current insurer to make sure all was ok, they wont insure it because its badged as opel and therefore must be an import (no hint of such on the v5c) i'm a 35 year old dad of three with 2 years no claims, minor car park bump in 2013 (would be 3 years in march, but i cant see it taking that long to sell my manual zaf) ive had a full licence for 10 years, no points, I would prefer to include the wife on the policy, also 35 yrs old, but she only got her auto only licence in august last year, also no points, looking for fully comp, I usually pay monthly for my insurance, are you able to help?

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
UPDATE: LAST CHANCE TO BENEFIT FROM OUR £5 BREAKDOWN COVER DISCOUNT

Just a quick reminder that this is the final month in our discounted Breakdown Cover offer. Until 1st March you can arrange 12 months' comprehensive UK Breakdown Cover with Chris Knott for just £58 (normally £63).

Multi-car options are also available at a discounted rate.

Cover really is comprehensive and there are NO 'age of vehicle' limits. It's also not the sort of cover where you have to pay for assistance and reclaim the cost later. It's designed to be simple for you to use, hassle-free when you need to.

You can buy over the phone by calling 0800 917 2274 and following the 'car' options or you can use our quote and buy facility at Chris Knott UK Breakdown Cover - Quote & Buy.

Make sure you're not left stranded during 2016. Arrange cover today. Cover includes all the usual features PLUS that all-important HomeStart.

best,
Nick

PS. Don't forget us for your car insurance either. We're signing up car club members at a great rate due to our quote-beating flexibility. The computer's rate? That's just a guide. We're offering real world rates. Give us a call today on 0800 917 2274.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
UPDATE: £56 CAR INSURANCE SAVING WITH CHRIS KNOTT

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you to all the members who've used us for their car insurance already this year. Last month we had our best February EVER and it's all down to you - Chris Knott's best February in 33 years of helping car club members save money on their car insurance!

I had a look at the 2016 figures on Thursday and the average saving we negotiate for a car enthusiast is £56*.

That's £56 less than the best alternative quote a member can find. Some save more, some save less of course but it's a good message and means it's worth picking up the phone to request a Chris Knott quote when you're looking around at renewal.

Don't forget if you're due in the next few months, that you can gain entry into our Spring Spectacular with 3 great prizes on offer (http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/rewards/2016/spring/) just for receiving a quote. See our other recent post about getting a quote and winning.

For your no-obligation quote please call Chris Knott FREE on 0800 917 2274 (free from mobiles too).

To get the full benefit of club membership please mention this forum specifically when you call.

Thanks,
Nick

TESTIMONIALS
Further recent proof that our special club scheme has value in the car club community:

"Just set up my insurance with Chris Knott earlier today. Did the usual trawl through Gocompare and Confused to set the benchmark and then had a call from Kathy at Chris Knott. They came back and bettered the lowest quote by £30 but also provided much better cover by not limiting the miles (£335 all in)." SparkyBrum, Z4 Forum

"The service I received when I had the quote was excellent and Chris Knott seems to have a good reputation on car forums." hineyho87, FiestaST OC

"Well you guys had the cheapest quote so I'm going with you. Cancelled my Sky policy just now." rob275, GT86/BRZ Drivers Club

"Excellent service from Chris Knotts - told them a week ago I was in the process of purchasing a private plate, the guy on the phone said because I informed them early the £15 it would've cost to amend the paperwork will be waived, well happy." deni.babe, CivInfo

"Just phoned up after receiving a pathetic renewal quote. Really impressed by the service and the quote I have received." aslee17, AlfaOwner forum

*£55.98 to be exact - the average difference between our quote and the member's best quote (from shopping around or their existing renewal, whichever was the cheaper) where best alternative quote information was provided.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
So, we’re about half-way through the Chris Knott Spring Spectacular Prize Draw promotion and it’s going great - February was our best February EVER and March was the best month we’ve had overall in the last 5 years!

So far April is looking good too and it’s all down to car club/forum members taking out their cover with us – thank you!

If we're doing well it means we’ve obviously got great rates available for you.

Add in our exciting prize draw with 3 fantastic prizes on offer and you’ve got every reason to give us a call for a car insurance quote if your renewal is due soon - a great quote and the chance to win a prize.

Pick up the phone today for your free, no-obligation quote - 0800 917 2274 - all calls are free even from mobiles.

best,
Nick

PS. Remember we're mod-friendly but we also like standard cars, classics cars and even multi-car setups. What are you waiting for?

FEEDBACK
Recent comments from car enthusiasts about the Chris Knott service:

"Easy to believe you guys getting good feedback. I had the coupe with yourselves the last 2 years and when the company car came up for renewal it also went with you. £1000 cheaper than the previous year! Ok it had a 1yr NCB at that point (new policy, etc) but still a massive saving." Lexo, Hyundai Coupe Owners Club

"Just changed over to you from S**, thanks for a competitive price." 2bar boost, R32 Owners Club

"Just spoken to a fantastically helpful Catherine who quoted me nigh on half what I'm currently paying." PBL, Focus ST Owners Club

"My car policy through Chris Knott has legal cover and still worked out cheaper than all else with extras stripped out." qc2, HondaKarma

"I spoke with Chris Knott when I bought my Twingo. Can't fault them at all for professionalism and helpfulness. I'll certainly approach them again with my wife's car." Phoph, RenaultForums

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Just a quick post bump to remind you about the Chris Knott Prize Draw. This is the final month of this draw which is our biggest yet.

If you get a car quote from Chris Knott Insurance before close of play on 31st May you'll automatically be entered for the draw to WIN one of three very nice prizes (see above).

April was another fantastic month and we overshot the month's target by about 20%. Thank you if you're one of those who found us to be their best option.

If you haven't yet tried us for a competitive quote, make sure you include us in the mix when you're looking for cover, especially if it's important to you to use someone who truly understands the needs of car enthusiasts and the myriad modifications you make.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274

Our dedicated quote team loves helping members get a better deal - please feed their habit :) by asking for a quote when your car insurance falls due.

best,
Nick

RECENT TESTIMONIALS - a few comments from happy car club and forum members...

"One of the best insurances about, I have both mine and the wife's car with CK" paulk, Hyundai Coupe Owners Club

"After my current insurer has told me they are doubling my premium from last year, as previous policy is no longer available, I did the usual comparisons and Chris Knott has beaten the best quote I got by 25 quid, very happy and will be going with them next month. Great service and very helpful :thumbsup:" bmwaddict, Z4 Forum

"Just sorted out my insurance with Kim from Chris Knott Insurance, saved me nearly £100 on my renewal! and thats including the interest for paying monthly with the same add-ons as another provider were offering me :) bit chuffed, but shame premiums have gone up in general :(" dougie89, Vectra-C forum

"I have literally JUUUUST reinsured with Chris Knott. Definitely one of the cheapest quotes I have had which is always a bonus, plus it means more back to the club." sp4rks, Hyundai Coupe Owners Club

"Just had an excellent quote and service from CKI, cheaper than my renewal and comparison quote and very reasonable pro-rata top up for a list of small mods I intend doing... CKI = good place for ASN members to get insured!" Rog_B, Audi-Sport.net

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
It's amazing how many of the testimonials we receive start with the word "Just" - some examples of this month's feedback:

"Just bought my insurance with CKI, very competitive prices... Many Thanks." benv6, Z4 Forum

"Impressed with your super-efficient service today, instant docs by email and helpful staff. Better than the big boys!" @nsales_co_uk, Twitter

"Many thanks. Quick service and very competitive quote. Makes it easier when you speak to the same person again." rustynuts, Briskoda

"Just had my quote for the first time from CK. Could not beat my best comparison quote [initially] but were only £3 more than the cheapest. However once you take in to account all the free extras they threw in it beat Tesco bank hands down. They're calling back Tuesday morning to set it up. Very pleased, thankyou!" badake, Ford Galaxy Owners Club

"Just renewed with you guys today. Great price and policy cover. Thanks :)" SpecBee, UK Legacy Forum

"Great service. Just a quick thanks to the guys at Chris Knott - Emma who I dealt with in particular for her work in getting my quote down to a price I'm very happy with. Best quote I've had for the second year running, great price for the level of cover and modifications on the vehicle. Top work!" AW_Dan, Baby BMW

"Just bought a new policy with you today, very pleased as came in 20 pound under the lowest comparison site quote. Will be trying you when I need insurance on the 4x4 and the girlfriend's car. Cheers!" Tricky5, BimmerForums

"Another new customer! Great service and knowledge, also beat my renewal and my cheapest online comparison quote. Cheers." ChrisG, Audi-Sport net

Thankfully in these examples "Just" means 'recently' rather than 'by a whisker' as we won't simply beat your alternative quotes by a pound - where we can we'll try to make it worth your while to go with our offering.

To request your quote please call us free on 0800 917 2274 and mention this forum's unique code (detailed in a previous post) to receive the full benefit.

Remember, if you call us during May for a quote on a car we don't yet insure you'll gain automatic entry in our Spring prize draw. Check out the 3 great prizes here - www.chrisknott.co.uk/rewards/2016/spring/ and get calling if your car insurance is due soon.

best,
Nick

Chris Knott Insurance - the right choice for savings, service & support, the right choice for car club members.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
UPDATE: Three winners chosen - are you one of them?

We're very pleased to unveil the winners of our bonanza Spring Spectacular prize draw which ran from 1/3 to 31/5 and offered 3x very tempting prizes.

The winners themselves don't even know they've won yet so this is the major reveal.

To qualify, all they had to do was request a car insurance quote between those dates, so it's nothing strenuous - maybe you'll win a future comp on this basis. In fact, we've got one running from 1/6 to 31/7 - Chris Knott June-July Competition which is for both new AND existing clients.

TO ENTER OUR JUNE/JULY COMPETITION
1. Renew an existing policy - if you're renewing with us there's nothing extra for you to do - we'll automatically enter you when you roll your cover over for a further year.

2. Request a quote - simply request a quote on a car we don't yet cover - please call us FREE on 0800 917 2274 or complete our Quote Request Form at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote

OUR 3 SPRING SPECTACULAR WINNERS
Congratulations to the following 3 car enthusiasts who have won Chris Knott's great prizes:

Drawn first was Anthony Soper, a member of Abarthisti.co.uk, who wins a Five-car Supercar Driving Blast with High Speed Passenger Ride and photo (worth £234).

Second, Darren Minister, from RenaultForums.co.uk, who wins a Festival of Speed Luxury Fitted Picnic Hamper with Veuve Clicquot Champagne (worth £150).

Third, James Jackett, a scirocco owner from Carmarthenshire, who wins £100 towards car parts/mods/accessories of his choice with Euro Car Parts (worth...err...£100).

We'll try to make contact in the next couple of days but if you want to contact us in the meantime that's fine too.

Well done to the winners and thank you everyone who requested a Chris Knott quote.

best,
Nick

PS. Don't forget you can still win by requesting a car quote or renewing an existing policy with us in June or July.

Recent feedback from other car enthusiasts who've enjoyed Chris Knott's service...

"Just wanted to post my experience with your company! Normally insurance time is a pain, but your team were extremely quick with quoting over the phone and great to speak to! I think it was Tabitha?? I spoke to at first, she put me with a company that accepts modifications which I can add as I go and the price was great - beat any other quote I had and also free legal cover!! Also then had a small issue to resolve, dropped Nick a quick PM on here, he replied within the hour and all was sorted!! Great customer service all round! Will definitely recommend you to friends and family and will be coming to you for a quote when the missus' insurance is due for renewal!" --AUDI--, Audi-Sport net

"Renewed my insurance today with Chris Knott after spending a couple of days on the comparison sites and ringing round. They took 10% off my best quote (which was actually the renewal quote with Quote me happy/Aviva - and that was £200 less than anything else) and matched the £330 excess on my existing policy (which included declared mods - Prestige wanted a £3,000 excess!!!). Fantastic painless service, mods understood (I lost count of the times I was asked what a strut bar was, one company even asked what an air filter was ffs) and everything explained well. Money saved will now go towards my 3 year bubble payment." Captain Duff, GT86/BRZ Drivers Club

"Have to say these guys are fantastic - Last year they almost halved my renewal and this year my renewal was another £53 cheaper even after changing my job title. These guys just keep getting better. The only offer I found cheaper was for a technition to come and put a black box in my car. All in all well done again CK." snoop, Fiesta Owners Club

"I just wanted to pass on my thanks and appreciation for a great service last night. My car broke down and the service from start to finish, including the follow up call was superb. In addition the local breakdown recovery service Elva (Mike) was so helpful, professional and quick. I cannot thank you enough. Please pass this on to all concerned." Nina Willis

"GT-B has been SORN over winter and I have been looking around for a quote to get it back on the road. All sorts of problems from most places with my NCB as I'm coming off a trade policy, but CK have been very helpful with that. So as of 09:45 today that's who I'm with! Thank you very much Chris Knott!" AdamH, UK Legacy Forum

141 - 160 of 211 Posts