Vauxhall Owners Network
- The Club -
- The Club -
The Vauxhall Owners Network Club (VxON) has the philosophy that it shall be run on the basis of a NON-profit making club, be open to everyone who owns, drives or shares a common interest in the Vauxhall, Opel and Holden group. The club will listen to all its members on new suggestions and ways forward and each suggestion will be judged on its own merits.
All club books will be available for everyone to see, on a quarterly basis.
VxON car club will operate primarily on the Internet, and will have its own forum area within the already established forum www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk. This area is broken down into four sections:
Club Enquiries: Visible and Open to all registered members of the VxON Forums.
Club Matters: Visible and open to paid club members only.
VxON Show Attendance: Visible and open to paid club members only (news of shows however will be posted once confirmed within the public accessible areas of the forums).
Club Events: Visible and open to all registered members of the VxON Forums.
Initially payment shall be via the PayPal payment method. This is so that we can easily track everyone who has paid, this will create less administration for club staff. The amount is per member with any excess monies raised during the year being used for the good and promotion of the club with input from paying members who can suggest and vote for its use, provided that the Club Admin deem it to not be damaging or detrimental to the Club Image.
A Members payment contributes to the following: Club equipment for the shows around the country (Banners, Marquee etc), any administrative costs incurred and Club insurance (Public liability insurance).
Receipts will be provided when any money is spent from the clubs funds at the AGM.
This type of payment in effect nullifies the need for contributions that have been successful in the past, plus this gives more back to those wishing to support the website and club.
The club is run by three established staff members of the forum: Mark, Alex and Dave (Djgritt)
By doing this we are taking on the roles of Chairmen, Secretaries, Treasurers and Organisers. Should the club expand further beyond expectations, this may be reviewed and additional club staff may be appointed.
When a member joins the club, they will receive a welcome pack, which contains information on what their club membership has paid for, advising them what the new forums are for, what the club aims to do and how they can help. They will also receive a number of VxON goodies, and a Club supplied membership card for the Vauxhall Trade Club scheme
The benefits of being a member of VxON include priority over shows (paying club members will automatically be invited to shows on a first come first served basis - depending on the number of show spaces available)
Invitation to an annual VxON Event (Historically this has included heavily subsidused Parties and Rolling Road Days)
Discounts and special offers from selected retailers and traders
Usage of the Vauxhall Trade Club scheme
The opportunity to purchase official VxON Clothing and Accessories
As with any organisation there has to be a set of rules here are the initial rules of the club:
- All membership fees are non-refundable
- If a club member is banned from the website they will automatically be banned from the club and their membership fee is non-refundable
- If a members conduct on the website is not in the best interests of the club (as decided by the board) then they will receive a warning, if this member was to re-offend then that member will be banned, and their membership cancelled and they will not receive a refund on their membership fee
- The VxON logo or name should not be used without prior authorisation from the clubs chairmen. If the logo is used then this would be seen as a breach of copyright and that the member in question would receive a warning, or a banning depending on their current status
- Any members that setup regional meets must get permission of the landowner prior to the meet taking place, this way it safe guards our name as such and makes the event a non-cruise
- Any members or club staff that carry out any kind of work for the club that involve them paying out any funds will be required to produce a receipt
- Any time you attend a show or event as a VxON member will be representing the club, care must be ensured to keep our good name