13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have a 56 plate vivaro 1.9
Has lights on
No boost
Scanned van with solis pro
Can't clear 5 faults they clear them come straight back on

Can anyone help please
Have replaced turbo vac pipes boost solenoid map sensor egr valve air mass sensor had leak test done and diesel test done including injectors and pump

·
Registered
243 Posts
No it's situated under the coolant expansion bottle. Dismount that and swing it out of the way and then lift the relay box cover. You will see a brown plug and also a bigger blue one. They say these contacts corrode so a good clean up tends to clear some errors. Before you do that though try this: Clear all the codes then grab the two big looms which pass into the ECU and move them a bit. The black housing has sharp unprotected sides and the wiring chafes and grounds. Then check the codes. In my case I got a completely different set of codes!!! Keep moving it until you find codes you prefer lol!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's situated under the coolant expansion bottle. Dismount that and swing it out of the way and then lift the relay box cover. You will see a brown plug and also a bigger blue one. They say these contacts corrode so a good clean up tends to clear some errors. Before you do that though try this: Clear all the codes then grab the two big looms which pass into the ECU and move them a bit. The black housing has sharp unprotected sides and the wiring chafes and grounds. Then check the codes. In my case I got a completely different set of codes!!! Keep moving it until you find codes you prefer lol!
Lol thanks the codes in the scanner will not clear when I go to clear them the service light with spanner and glow plug heater lights go off and straight back on

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ah OK, give the thing a wiggle with the engine running then. In my case I could change the idle behaviour which was the first clue! There's a youtube video here: Worth watching all the way through but minute 6 takes you to the discovery -

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boost would be nice lol
Ah OK, give the thing a wiggle with the engine running then. In my case I could change the idle behaviour which was the first clue! There's a youtube video here: Worth watching all the way through but minute 6 takes you to the discovery -

Thanks for that Mike doesn't cut out it always runs perfect on tick over but that's it

·
Registered
243 Posts
Neither did mine Andy but after watching this I checked mine out and lo and behold I had an issue. I just had unrelated codes suddenly, waggled the snake (ooh err) and voila Rodders - a completely new set of codes! Switch on the engine, give another wiggle and sure enough erratic idling. Maybe..... just maybe. Certainly quicker than heading for the blue plug that's for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neither did mine Andy but after watching this I checked mine out and lo and behold I had an issue. I just had unrelated codes suddenly, waggled the snake (ooh err) and voila Rodders - a completely new set of codes! Switch on the engine, give another wiggle and sure enough erratic idling. Maybe..... just maybe. Certainly quicker than heading for the blue plug that's for sure.
Thanks I will try that in the morning and let you know what happens hopefully the right set of codes
check you actually have vacuum at the solenoid with the engine running.
OK thanks I will do

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im assuming that means your live data reading shows no values for your MAF?
Yes live data
Had new maf sensor fitted not a cheap one van went well
Now spanner light and glow plug heater lights are on and I cannot clear and van has no boost it revs when parked but no boost when driving

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will post live data picture shortly showing live data on mass kg and boost values hope this will give an idea thankyou everyone

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also have been trying to find what the voltage etc should be on each of the maf sensor wires should be and what each one does

1 - 20 of 20 Posts