Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vauxhall vivaro 1.9 2700 51 plate

My first posting so please bare with me.
I pulled up.at a traffic light, the glow plug light came on so I figured best to pull over.
Steering was heavy and then engine cut out.
After getting a tow home I found the fan belt had gone.
Replaced fan belt but wouldn't start.
Checked fuses and the 70 amp had blown so I've replaced it.
Still won't start.
When I turn the key the red immobiliser dot goes out.
The stop light remains lit.
Engine turns but won't catch and after a few turns the glow plug warning comes on.....I'm thinking it's something to do with the immobiliser?
If so is there a sequence which can be entered with the key to reset it?
Thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Im guessing the red stop is staying on because of fuel pressure, can you put ignition on without starting can you hear tank fuel pump runnig if not you can undo the filter bleeder then put ignition on again see if any comes out unless you have a hand primer, and a buzz under the bonnet 1 to the left HP fuel pump and right may just hear the boost solenoid, opcom would be very helpful with this issue,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've checked the low pressure fuel pump via the filter bleeder and it's definitely pumping.
There's also definitely compression - the engine turns and sounds like it wants to fire up - and I've pressed the reset button on the fuel cut off device.
I'm hoping the belt hadn't interfered with the timing - it was jammed around the power steering pump so I might have got lucky there

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Not everyone's favourite stuff but how about ",easy start" if you use it correctly quickly it's fine,

If the engine starts up with easy start then you know that it's a fuel problem and if it don't then you know it's something else that needs investorgating.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
The stop light on the dash is either low rail pressure or cam and crank sensors out , meaning timing out. Unless you have done a compression test and You have readings I am still saying timing out.

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,136 Posts
Why did the fuse blow?

When I turn the key the red immobiliser dot goes out.
The stop light remains lit.
The Stop Light possibly remains on because as you turn it over it sees that the cam & crank sensor signals are misaligned.
Definitely need the fault codes read to get more information and maybe highlight why the fuse blew.
Without the fault code's it's probably not a bad idea to take the front cover off and check the timing, just to eliminate it?

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Does sound as it the timing is out, remove the tb cover and check the timing marks.

Also you can do a compression test incase a Valve has been clipped.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gave in and took it to a garage.
They've told me the timing belt has snapped so they need to strip the head down to check valves etc - £600 to £800.
But the engine turns over? Would it if the timing belt had snapped?

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Has the belt completely snapped or just jumped due to bits of the broken fanbelt getting under.

The bottom end will turn over but the top wont if the belt is snapped.
Dont turn it over off the key your just making it worse.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Once you have bent the valves that we're in the way of the pistons it will turn over fine. You can get a 2nd hand head for £100 from e bay. I have just bought one for £50 plus postage for a laguna. Same head as the van.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Cant you just remove the 10mm bolt that covers camshaft sprocket and see if the belt is there or not, where in the country are you, it will turn over fast if it has snapped

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a similar problem. Vavaro won't start. I put a new fan belt and bearing on. Serviced the engine all was fine. I decided to jet was the engine around the diesel filter and power steering fluid holder. Now just cranks over no start. The heater plug lite comes on for half a second and goes off. I have removed all the sensor plugs and cleaned them including the heater regulator. Any help would be much great full. The fuel pump on the diesel pump does come on. I have checked all the fuses. I suppose the next stage is to check voltages. There seams to be no resistance between any of the connections on fuel pressure rain sensor?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts