Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anybody help with a leaking roof on a vivaro.ive siliconed roof bolts but the water still comes in all over the roof.cant see anywhere else it can come in.ThanKs for any ideas.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could it be condensation? Mine is wet and dripping quite a lot. I'm waiting for some dryer weather so I can put some closed cell foam insulation on it.
Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks robbra .It could be .I might do same and wait.thanks let me know if you get any joy with the foam.Where is the foam coming from.Is it for this type of thing or are you just trial and error.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did my last van with the foam but over did all the insulation with 10mm and 6mm foam, tin foil bubblewrap and plastic bottle from B&Q. It still got chilly inside due to the 5 windows. This time I'm doing 3mm foam on the roof and side panels, this will make it quieter and stop the condensation and as I shall be moving to Portugal later in the year I don't expect much damp in the van.
I buy the sticky one side for ease of fitting and expect the 3mm to stretch a bit. It's just wash all the paintwork so it sticks well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the condensation issue but also had a leak before that, is it worse on cold days or really wet days? Cold days I have condensation but one summer after a really heaver downpour I seen that I had soaking wet ply and water dripping down my seat belt, turned out it was the roof bracket nearest the front drivers side. Someone before had put too much weight on the roof rack or used a ratchet strap too tight and it had actually lifted the mounting bracket off the roof ever so slightly. It required a little weld and a lot of silicone and it seems to have stopped the leak, that was about 5 years ago and not had an issue on it since. Worth having a look round the mounts to see if there's any issues there. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts