Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 2017 Vivaro left rear door will not close or lock, the actual lock smashes into the right hand door lock bar without the left hand lock mechanism activating. Central locking seems to work fine and the knob inside the door spins and tries to lock as intended but the lock doesn't seem to move, i have tried keeping the plunger switch pushed in to fool central locking but no change to lock. The manual handle inside gets the lock to move slightly but whenever I try to close the door it just smashes into the right door and doesn't activate, it's as tho the door has shifted over and locks don't line up however all location pins are good so door hasn't budged.
I had to bungey tie the open rear doors to get some oversized sheets home so no damage but since then the doors don't close. Had door panel off and mechanism seems fine all rods in place.
Anyone had this issue before and appreciate any help I need van for work.

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,104 Posts
A picture or two of the problem would help.
Possibly the lock catch not in the correct position?

·
12,349 Posts
Photo 1 shows the black part that is supposed to line up with the receiver is quite a bit off.
If the doors are aligned correctly can you not bend the bit with the black, round part to move it over so it enters the receiver, or slacken the retaining bolts and reposition it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts