Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I bought a vivaro from Arnold clark in December , it’s a 66 plate bi turbo 1.6 , the clutch went after a week and then I noticed oil near the injector seals so it went back in , AClarck told me it was just the oil filler cap and they sorted it , 2 days later more oil appeared also with burnt smell in cab and now the anti pollution warning lights on !! I’ve been told of a mechanic that I know that he thinks it is the injector seals and A clark won’t want to do them 😡 has anyone else experienced this ? Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just got my van back from Arnold clark and they said the van is fine 😡 even though the anti pollution warning was on for two days before I took it in for some miraculous reason it didn’t come on for them which means they won’t do a diagnostic check WTF !!!🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Arnold will go to the ends of the earth to avoid honouring the warranty in my experience. You just need to keep on at them. Get legal advice if necessary.

They once told me the oil and vapour pouring out of the filler cap was just because I had spilled oil in the engine bay. A week later the engine died but it wasn't my problem by that point thankfully. It shocked me how disingenuous and negligent their after sales service was though, but that goes for all dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the anti pollution system check is back on 🤦‍♂️ My mate put it on his diagnostic 😢

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Take it back to Arnold Clark, show them the photographs of your mate's diagnostics, and tell them if they don't sort it out you are going to trading standards.
It might be worth getting in touch with them now, just to register your problems, in case the garage don't want to sort it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts