Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have been given my trafic 1.9 from family as a fixer upper. Starts great, idles smoothly but until 3000rpm there is hardly any power. Barely pulls the van. Took off maf yesterday, was perfect, not dirty at all. Took off egress, was quite dirty but not too bad. But no change in performance. Thinking vacuum pipes next but wondering what else to check. Can a maf be knackered but look fine. Not sure what type it is

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hopefully have found my solution Touch wood .I replaced boost pressure sensor and boost pressure solenoid checked all vac hoses and found no leaks error code P1125 boost pressure after that no EML GLOW PLUG LIGHT ON and no limp mode
Check turbo shaft not seized
Check pressure sensor use vac gague this video is on u tube for operation .
These sensors are bloddy sensitive one little spike and limp on pain.
I don't want to push my luck but its working well in the dales of Yorkshire so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2007 Vauxhall Vivaro SWB 2.0 CDTI.

I have owned for a few years now and have had various issues throughout that i have managed to diagnose and repair, Until now!

I have a couple of warning lights on the dash that i can't reset.

p0100 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor malfunction
p0380 Malfunction in glow plug circuit 'A

They both came up at the same time which i find strange, Could i ask if this is somthing any one has experienced before? I have a limited understanding of auto electrics and am aware of how complex they can be,I have previoulsy had problems with the glow plug circuit, changed the plugs checked wiring and changed relay, turned out to be a loose connection on the seatbelt pretensioner!

I have tried resetting the fault codes and they come back as soon as i start the engine (or even turn the ignition on!) so the fault must be some kind of malfunction in electrics/sensor, if it was mechanical surely the engine would need to be running for the ECU to identify the problem?

Should probably mention i have no obvious lack of power no limp home (engine wont rev above 2000 rpm in neutral but i believe this is manufacture safety limited and drives fine in all gears)
I had a similar problem previously getting P0380 fault code which was glow plug circuit, I checked wiring and changed relay and glow plugs with no success, I happened to knock the connector for the pre tensioner and the problem was solved! I little contact cleaner and all was good! The last time it did it i got the spanner and the engine light on, this time i have also got another light which i think is ecu??

I have checked all wiring vacuum pipes, egr, all connections etc. As i mentioned in previous post the fault comes up as soon as i turn on the ignition (Even if the engine isn't turned over) figuring this points to an electrical/faulty sensor instead of anything mechanical??

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, The blower motor stopped working, I took it apart to investigate suspecting a loose connection, whilst i had everything out i checked and cleaned all connections wires etc, I also took the opportunity to change the maf for one i bought from the local breakers yard. The fan motor is fine but the electrical control box which i believe controls the outside/recirculation flap, was full of water and completely corroded.

I have taken it out completely. On reassembling everything i now have no warning lights on dash! not sure what i have done but fingers crossed it worked!

I dont know if the dodgy motor/solenoid/control box was throwing the fault or if i rectified a dodgy connection?

·
Registered
1 Posts
SCUTTLE FIX

PART 3 - This is the pic showing the ramp seal off windscreen onto scuttle as mentioned in Part 2 Do this before refiitting the top plastic long narrow trim & panel.
The sealant View attachment 6583 the foil tape overlay View attachment 6584

Just a couple more pic to show where the trim goes on the deflectors
View attachment 6579 View attachment 6580

And the top scuttle back in place with no sealant showing.
View attachment 6581 View attachment 6582

Have Fun!;)

Hi man,

Thanks so much for your guidance, used it today to rain proof my 2008 Vauxhall vivaro after having injector problems fixes now but don't want to go through that again. Really appreciate this helpful guide

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 Vauxhall Vivaro SWB 2.0 CDTI.

I have owned for a few years now and have had various issues throughout that i have managed to diagnose and repair, Until now!

I have a couple of warning lights on the dash that i can't reset.

p0100 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor malfunction
p0380 Malfunction in glow plug circuit 'A

They both came up at the same time which i find strange, Could i ask if this is somthing any one has experienced before? I have a limited understanding of auto electrics and am aware of how complex they can be,I have previoulsy had problems with the glow plug circuit, changed the plugs checked wiring and changed relay, turned out to be a loose connection on the seatbelt pretensioner!

I have tried resetting the fault codes and they come back as soon as i start the engine (or even turn the ignition on!) so the fault must be some kind of malfunction in electrics/sensor, if it was mechanical surely the engine would need to be running for the ECU to identify the problem?

Should probably mention i have no obvious lack of power no limp home (engine wont rev above 2000 rpm in neutral but i believe this is manufacture safety limited and drives fine in all gears)
I had a similar problem previously getting P0380 fault code which was glow plug circuit, I checked wiring and changed relay and glow plugs with no success, I happened to knock the connector for the pre tensioner and the problem was solved! I little contact cleaner and all was good! The last time it did it i got the spanner and the engine light on, this time i have also got another light which i think is ecu??

I have checked all wiring vacuum pipes, egr, all connections etc. As i mentioned in previous post the fault comes up as soon as i turn on the ignition (Even if the engine isn't turned over) figuring this points to an electrical/faulty sensor instead of anything mechanical??
Maybe a bit late to answer but this happen to me recently. In that case it was a dirty airfilter that needed to be changed and a new MAF sensor.

After that it's simply to clear the fault codes and it's all good again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI, new to forum and in a bit of a panic.... Injector fault warning light on my vivaro ctdi (early 2014) came on this morning at the same time as low fuel buzzer. Friend plugged but couldn't detect a relevant code but cleared any that were there. I put injector cleaner in because it was low on fuel. This afternoon warning came back on along with engine management light. Friend plugged in again and found code p0642. (sensor reference voltage A is low as detected by the PCM)
Anyone got any clues or advice. I may need my van to drive to Switzerland in a few weeks if the Coronation Street Virus hasn't messed that up for me.
cheers

261 - 268 of 268 Posts