Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vauxhall

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wondering can anybody help, I have an 2006 vauxhall vivaro, it drives 100% up until about 1 hour of driving and cuts out, it won't start again until engine is cooled about 2 or 3 hours later and I can drive it for another hour until it does the same thing again, any ideas?? I've looked online and heard it's possibly a crankshaft sensor so I bought one to put in tomorrow to see if that fixes it, but just wondering if anybody has had this fault before? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Literally just put the crank sensor in there now, got it from a vauxhall dealer £33 , seems to have made it worse barely any power in it now seems to be in limp mode now or something, 1.9 engine 130k miles

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I missed if it was Petrol or Diesel or are they all diesels...sounded like the crank sensor, have you done a code test, might wanna disconnect the battery for 1/2 hour, does wonders sometimes..Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not anyone I know of, it's been in and out of the mechanics yard the past 5months with broken timing belt, water pumps etc but all replaced with new again, but seems to just die when it's warm, changed this sensor now and seems to not give out power until you really put the foot down, one thing after another just with this van, heads fried with it now, can't even trust it to take me to the shop lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's diesel, yeah tried it on the computer doesn't bring no faults on either even when the light with the wee coil spring comes on the dashboard it comes on once and again and goes away for a while

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Urs could be a failing MAF,I put a cheap MAF on my old vivaro and it would do the won't rev until 2000 or above, another cheap MAF made the engine missfire so it could well be a faulty MAF but I can't guarantee it will cure it, Vaux £130 guess, if you unplug it it probably won't start. sometime warm injectors make it hard to start as you've mentioned having to leave it for an hr. what county are you

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
can you turn the ignition on without starting can you here 2 buzzing noises, looking at the engine one on left will be fuel pump the right where the boost pressure solenoid is with the 2 vacuum pipes coming from it, that should be humming, if you cant hear it touch it, if nothing it could be that has failed,
boost solenoid, MAF (must be Siemens or Genuine)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'll look into the MAF now next, spent more than the vans worth the past few months so hoping to solve the problem myself if that's possible, I have 2 spare engines there aswell for it for parts, but my mechanic is up to his eyeballs in work and hates to see my van coming, I'm from Northern Ireland, just tried there's a buzzing noise coming from where uve said, there seems to be alot of oil around the engine il try post pics to see if it looks normal to you

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I'm a great believer in testing stuff before you fit new bits personally, i have noticed on these forums that people just throw bit at cars randomly and dont cure it and end up spending loads of money, having said that have you changed the fuel filter lately, i would look into fuel filters ad air filters....maybe put some injector cleaner in the tank, i would try disconnecting the battery for awhile though, i would look for air leaks from the MAF sensor to the inlet manifold, i know air leaks on diesels aren't that important but if it is drawing un-metered air in it could cause problems....it might even be the egr valve sticking open, but you should get some fault codes i would think if it was anything like that,,,,you can test the operation of the maf with a multimeter, if you have OpCom you can read all the live data with that...has that one got a pump in the tank, if it has it could be that, or maybe the high pressure pump isn't sucking it up properly, might have an air leak on the inlet to the pump somewhere along the line to the tank...few ideas anyway, i think the glow plug light is supposed to work like this, over 0c it should come on with ignition then go straight off, to say the system is working, below 0c its supposed to come on for about 10 seconds while it supplies current to the heater plugs to aid starting.... from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I've have the filters changed in the past 2 months, yeah I might go look for injector cleaner just to try it, il try anything at this stage, I've a 2015 vauxhall vivaro lined up next but need this one fixed and sold before I can get it, hopefully those vivaros Arnet as bad! Yeah I must see if someone can try that opcom on it to see, yeah the glowplug light comes on and then off after 10secs of starting the van and then it pops up now and again and after a while the whole van stalls and won't start until cooled, took the van for another spin here and it's driving 100% again, but I have my doubts that it's solved, thanks for feedback much appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update** crank sensor solved the problem of it stopping after it heats up, and for the van going into limp mode, there was a cable not connected properly looked like it was going into the top of the engine for air flow, problem fixed thanks for the help anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts