Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vivaro 2.0 CDTI Sportive, Mazda 6 Skyactiv
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to attempt to fit factory cruise control to my van.
Already have the steering wheel and airbag, but need the switch which goes into the dash.

Anyone know if a similar switch like another central locking switch will work instead?
Any idea what the part number is for the switch? Vauxhall and Renault both want loads for a new switch.
Van is a 63 plate sportive

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Central locking switch is momentary and the mirror heater switch is a toggle so neither would probably work. The factory cruise switch is 3 way; cruise on, cruise off, and speed limiter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have just finished my self build camper van, did you manage to activate the cruise control?, i have a 2012 vivaro, steering wheel with switches have been swopped and i have the v switch installed along side headlight leveler, what software did you use, im having no luck with opcom or can clip, thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Going to attempt to fit factory cruise control to my van.
Already have the steering wheel and airbag, but need the switch which goes into the dash.

Anyone know if a similar switch like another central locking switch will work instead?
Any idea what the part number is for the switch? Vauxhall and Renault both want loads for a new switch.
Van is a 63 plate sportive
Hi Lee,

just wondering if you got this to work, i currently have everything fitted to mine but vauxhall tells me that it cant be done!some bull**** about it having to be coded into the ecu at the factory when its built!!!

John

·
Registered
153 Posts
There's a Youtube video of a Tragic being retrofitted with cruise control. The ECU had the facility but was turned off. He turned the feature on and basically it worked.

I have no idea if the Tragic firmware is the same as Vauxhall's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the same position. Have fitted the switches (decided it was worthwhile to try after seeing the Trafic video on YouTube) but Vauxhall claim they need to contact factory in Germany for a VCI code which may not even work. I'm wondering whether I'd have more luck with a Renault garage but the local one aren't interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same position. Have fitted the switches (decided it was worthwhile to try after seeing the Trafic video on YouTube) but Vauxhall claim they need to contact factory in Germany for a VCI code which may not even work. I'm wondering whether I'd have more luck with a Renault garage but the local one aren't interested.
They said something similar to me as well, and i have not went any further with it since! Vauxhall told me that they contacted Germany and that it was not possible and had to be coded at the factory when the van is built! So the fact that they told you they need a VCI code sounds to me like they dont have a clue and dont want to be sending ppl to a different manufacturer to get it sorted so they just tell ppl its not possible!
I am in the process of trying to find the renolink software and might try to access the van through that!
in my experience i think that renault might be able to do it, my dad bought a new Ford galaxy a long time ago but for some reason Ford told him he had to take the car to Volkswagen to get them to access something on the ecu that Ford had no access to! Ford arranged everything and Volkswagen did whatever it was with no problem!
the Ford Galaxy is stamped with VW on nearly all the parts in the same way that my Vivaro is stamped with Renault!
i ripped apart my dash and found that the 3way switch is actually plugged into the wiring harness and in the youtube video all the mechanic had to do was change the CC/CV (cruise control and speed limiter) setting from not present to present and it was then working!
If i can find the software and if i make any headway i will post on this!
Edit,
Sorry,I had not read the bit where your local Renault dealer was not interested!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah. The YouTube video makes it look so easy. Seems odd that Vauxhall don't seem to have access to those settings but it seems to be the case. If you could let me know if you make any progress, it would be much appreciated. I'll do likewise. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts