Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.
Yes I have the dreaded Crank, No Start.
Back ground information. The van has for the last couple of years had intermittent glow plug light and rev counter drops to zero and bounces back up. Been a good starter for years in all weather and temps.

In January I parked it up as normal on my drive and it never started again. I have had broken wires at the cam sensor before, so went there. Low and behold another broken wire, thought nice quick fix. Depinned the plug and soldered new cables onto pins and soldered cables on to loom. Still no start, had a friend plug in with a dealer code reader and had cam shaft range/performance fault popped up.
Replaced- Cam Sensor, crank sensor, timing checked & belt replaced all fine, secondhand ecu kit fitted.
Cam wiring with ignition on is 11.9v, 10.9v and 0v. Crank sensor wiring has 2.5v on both wires. MAF has 11.9v on pin 3 as you look at the plug. 30amp fuse in engine bay fuse box is good with 12v on both sides of fuse. Blue plug is in good condition with no corrosion. No chaffed cables on ECU metal casing.
P0341 camshaft position sensor circuit/range performance - intermittent, still logged. Wiring replaced from cam sensor to ECU, still no start. Loom opened up found immobiliser wires cut and repaired. Wiggled wiring loom above gearbox and engine started.
Wiring repaired for immobiliser still no start. Checked loom no other damage or repairs.

Does anyone have the correct connections for the cam sensor, connections might have been cross connected. Also the pink cable From the cam sensor, is it supposed to go straight to the ecu, as con checking the cable it goes to the MAF.

A lot of info I know. But if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be a massive help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone got Vivaro A engine bay wiring diagrams. I think some one has been snipping at my looms. Also is this right. Found in loom going to bottom of fuse box. It was covered in heat shrink. Looks like they are glued together
Electrical wiring Circuit component Cable Electronic engineering Gas

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now deloomed pretty much everything in ending bay. Found EGR valve supply cut and one cable from birds nest pictured above. Looks like a common 12v supply. No further loom damage found. Tried bleeding injectors, injectors weep when cracked. Removed return pipe from pump very light flow. Tried leak off test but no fuel moving through injectors. Cracked pipe between pump and rail hardly any flow under cranking. Fault code P0341 still logged after cranking. Fuel pump solenoid buzzing away. Disconnected inlet to filter, fuel flow good. Removed inlet to pump and cranked, it coughed and carried on cranking. Will not start on easy start. Baffled to say the least.

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
Don't know about haynes but a copy of TIS2000 will have all the wiring diags you need,
fairly sure it needs to run on a windows 32 bit system though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts