Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have just got home from the suppliers about 10 mins ago, gone to open the rear doors on my Vivaro and can’t get in! The key fob locks and unlocks the cab fine and I can hear and feel the electrical mechanism in both side and rear doors working but when I pull the handles on side or rear nothing opens! Has anyone got any ideas?!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like they maybe only partially operating Danny and the only reason I can think of is low voltage. Battery and earths OK? That or some kind of corruption of the BCM.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just a thought - have all of the handles sprung back properly? Just wondering if one of the handles was slightly pulling then maybe it would prevent them actuating. Try tugging and pushing back in each handle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Courageous. The battery was changed last Mot, so is only a few months old. The lights in the rear never seemed to go out when I locked up so I just turned them off ages ago with the manual switch on each. Other than that I’m not aware of any electrical problems with my van

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hmm....... the fact that it unlocks the cab fine has thrown me a bit and leads me to some form of earth issue at the rear or maybe a poor connection. I assume the locking signal wire "daisy chains" around all of the solenoids so goes to one side loading door then the rear then second side door if fitted. Need a wiring diagram really but I would still be suspicious of the BCM.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The three contacts all clean on the side loading door and do the spring contacts feel like they have good spring strength?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks Courageous, I’m going to try the handles again, like you advised, then if I have no joy I’ll disconnect the battery for a while

1 - 11 of 11 Posts