Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've got a 2008 Vivaro 2.0 CDTi with A/C. Compressor P/N 8200 454 172 B by Zexel. Recently the A/C failed and I replaced the Condenser, Receiver Drier, and the O-Rings to the pipes connecting to each including the Compressor pipes. A/C recharged and PAG oiled. All was good for about a week. No leaks, no pressure drops, cold air as expected. Then suddenly as I was driving it all leaked out. Zero psi. I added UV dye to the system and regased it. Again, held nicely. No leaks, no UV dye breached the system under the light. All good for 3 days and then again it all leaked out. This time I could hear the last bit of the gas leaking out as I was getting into the van at 6am for work. By the time I opened the bonnet to inspect, it had all leaked out and the 'hissing' sound went quiet. I was able to note it coming from the A/C Receiver Drier area before the gas all escaped. UV dye again....no leaks detected. I suspect the A/C compressor shaft seal is leaking even though I don't see any UV dye near the clutch or pulley. Can someone suggest anything else? Are the seals for the Zexel compressors sold as a kit or does this mean I need a new compressor? Clutch and Compressor engages as normal once the system is fully charged so the unit itself works fine. However, on visual inspection the hex clutch bolt holding everything together is rusted and looks like a chore to break open without stripping it. Any help would be great!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts