Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to the forum, and looking for some help.

I am having an ongoing issue with my van and tried a number of things to cure, but no luck.

So, about 6 months ago my van was in the garage for Gearbox recon, clutch Service and remap and egr delete.

EGR was deleted due to a fault code ont he EGR circuit, never going away, ut van drove absolutely perfectly.

When the van was given back to me, it would not rev above 3000rpm at standstill or when driving, revs just get to 3krpm and then wont go any further or accelerate any more.

Unplug MAF and van drives perfectly but the obvious lights come on with faults in the MAF circuit and Air Temp Circuit. plug MAF back in and delete codes, all lights go off, but wont go above 3krpm.

So for a while i drove around with out the MAF plugged in, but thought the MAF was at fault, so ordered one. Genuine Continental one at around £70 same numbers all apart from a letter E where the original one was D

This made no difference to the revs.

I have checked clutch pedal sensor, this seems to be working fine, when dip the clutch revs stop at about 2900 which I believe is normal, lift of the clutch and revs will raise to 3000 exactly but go no further.

Thinking the faulty EGR, even though deleted, my be blocked up or having some issue and just not reporting them anymore, I sprayed some EGR cleaner through the intake, no joy.

Found a video showing how to use DPF flush to do the same, to clean EGR and Turbo, still no joy.

finally, bought a new EGR and replaced that, still joy.

Change boost solenoid, no joy

Turbo actuator moves freely, no problems.

Bought a second more expensive MAF, just in case, from a reputable dealer, not ebay this time. still no joy.

When the MAF is plugged in, there are no warning ligths and no fault codes.

All pressure readings, and MAF readings, etc appear to be normal, MAG produces 40-45kgph at idle increasing to 250-300 at full (3000) revs

Boost pressue seems normal. I just cant figure out why it is being restricted at 3000rpm

·
17,862 Posts
Is it being restricted or is it in limp mode, they are not necessarily the same?
Whst are you using to read the codes 🤔?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it being restricted or is it in limp mode, they are not necessarily the same?
Whst are you using to read the codes 🤔?
Shouldn’t be restricted. Unless they’ve done something in the mapping. Never had this problem before mapping. Also doesn’t do it when maf unplugged.
Limp mode possibly. But sometimes goes into limp mode when maf unplugged. Especially on long journey and generally won’t rev above 2500 rpm then. So not sure. I just wish there were some codes to give me a clue

using elm Bluetooth reader. I know it’s a cheapo piece of kit but seems to pull a lot of data. Especially live data

·
17,862 Posts
Throw the elm gizmo in the bin and buy or borrow something decent that is actually up to the job, like a late model OpCom or Vauxcom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throw the elm gizmo in the bin and buy or borrow something decent that is actually up to the job, like a late model OpCom or Vauxcom.
What about this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so need some help with the Op-Com

I have purchased the op-com and software, latest version but it wont read my vans engine, which is what i need it for.

I can read other modules, all that seem to use pin 7 to read, however when I select my engine, M9R 780, it uses HS-CAN to read but fails to communicate.

So is there a way to force Op-COM to use pin 7 for my engine? or shoudl it be able to read using HS-CAN and I have a further problem?

2.0 2010 Vivaro Sportive

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
All the info i have shows the m9r780 ecm on hs can with the rest of the modules on pin7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like i may have a resistor issue with my can bus network. Resistance test comes back with 140ohms, accross pin 6 and 14. This shoudl read around 62 ohms I believe, indicating a faulty resistor.

Any idea where the resistors are located on the vivaro 2010 2.0?

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
I've been through the wiring diagrams and cannot find any termination resistors shown,
however i have found a can interface module listed,the bad news is that they don't show where it's located.
Hopefully someone who knows Vivaro's better than me will post

·
Registered
307 Posts
looks like i may have a resistor issue with my can bus network. Resistance test comes back with 140ohms, accross pin 6 and 14. This shoudl read around 62 ohms I believe, indicating a faulty resistor.

Any idea where the resistors are located on the vivaro 2010 2.0?
I would expect these to be within the relevant module. I'm also wondering why you think the resistance should be 60 ohms? Each end of the chain would be terminated with 120 ohms, and I might expect your reader to also have a resistance of 120 ohms, which in parallel would give you 60 ohms. Either way the bus tolerance should be such it should still work.

BICBW

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All sorted with the reader. Was a crappy cable. Changed it and working ok now

on reading the vehicle. The clutch switch is showing as active all the time. Whether you press the clutch or not. Is this normal?

when I press clutch the revs drop from 3000 rpm to 2900. Which to me indicated the switch is working ok. When I release the clutch revs jump back up to 3100rpm

but won’t go above that

does this sound like a switch issue? Should the switch be reading as active permanently? Could it be faulty wiring?

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
The clutch switch is showing as active all the time. Whether you press the clutch or not. Is this normal?
The clutch switch string,should show Inactive,Active

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks like the opcom i have bought doesnt read data effectively, just borrowed my neghbours delphi and it shows clutch switch as active/inactive and functioning correctly, however what it did allow me to do was an egr offset reset, whcih apparently is needed after an egr is replaced, which i ddint know about. so ive done this and van seems to rev ok now. havnt taken it for a spin yet to properly test, and not getting my hopes up yet, as ive been able to rev above 3krpm intermittenly anyway. fingers crossed its all good now but wont know till later

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK update to this,

Issue still exists, as soon as I started driving, revs were limited art 3krpm again.

I have finally managed to get hold of the guy that did the remap, and after a good chat about things, hes coming back today to check it out, maybe re read adn re apply the mapping, going to ask for performance rather than eco this time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and finally the van is now fixed, had the eco mapping removed and a tsage 1 put on in its place, also was advised that as the egr has been deleted it needs to be uplugged and remain that way.

I can confirm the van now revs as it should and the power from the stage 1 is unbelievable.

Thank you to everyone that helped along the way

1 - 20 of 20 Posts