Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

vivaro 2.5 cdti immolizer? Fires up and die.

864 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Dawe_A 
#1 · (Edited)
hello. I have a problem with my vivaro 2008 2.5 cdti. It has been standing without battery for 3-4 weeks and i have fit new alternator, cambelt, AC compressor, other belts and pullys.. Now it just starts up 1 sek then stops, feels like a immolizer problem i had on a BMW back in the days.

My immolizer red "dot" is slowly flashing when my car is locked and unlocked, should it not stop flashing when i unlock the car? I Dont think that red dot flashed on the instrument cluster before. What problem can I hav e here? I only have one key.

Can i relearn the key somehow?

No fault codes..

#2 · (Edited)
I just wanna tell that i have the service front off the car, no headlights, AC kompressor wire plug out, boost pipe/intercooler off. if this can have someting to do with this problem.

the camshaft and crank was locked in place during the cambelt change, the adjustible cam-wheels is not in same position as before but i cannot see how that can make a problem, i mean cams and crank is at same position as before i replace the belt.

I have tried to hand-pump and bleed the fuel filter. I cannot hear any pre-fuelpump going when turning ignition on, shall i do that? I guess i can open the bleeder valve on the filter and crank the car and see if there is any fuel coming from the fuel tank?

and again, does your immolizer lights flashing slowly even when you unlock the car?

best regards
David

#6 ·
I tried that and its not working.. its just going on the start and fires up for a sec then die like before. Feels like a no fuel issue or immolizer.. i wonder if there is any low pressure pump in the fueltank.. 🤔 and also thinkinh about the timing but even if its littlebit off it would start up.. but chanses that it is off is very small.

As I said there is no fuel coming from the diesel bleeder screw when i crank the engine. Tried to log fuel pressure with my obd2 blueetooth adapter with torque lite but its not reading any pressure at all.. i dont think i can trust that app.. as it should be some pressure cuz the engine fires up for a sec..

#8 · (Edited)
I disconnect the crank-sensor and did some readings with multimeter on it, it shows 260-300 ohm ish.. I guess thats ok. And when i disconnect the sensor the engine is completely dead on the start, no signs of life. So I guess the sensor is OK. How about the cam-position sensor och fuel-pressure sensor?
Here is a video i did this morning. Does this look like a timing-off thing? I have change the engine earth cable also and fixed some other earth connections in the enginebay. If im going to look at the timing again, when the cams are locked in position, Am i free to rotate the crank without hitting the valves then?

But i still dont think its a timing issue but maybe some of you know better than me. And also, what diagnostic tool is easy to use with this vivaro? I wanna se some logs. My torque lite app is showing zero fuel pressure but i dont trust that program.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.