Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, newby here hoping to pick your brains, i have a vivaro 2.0 cdti, its running very rough at the moment, when i turn the key one click, i can here a high pitched noise that seems to be coming from the boost sensor, is this normal, or do you think that this could be the issue..thankyou

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, not sure which is which to be honest, completely useless with vehicles, it seems that its definately coming from the main body rather than the jack plug and when its unplugged the noise continues..thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok first let's define which it is - the sensor has one tube going to it and the solenoid has two. It would be. more likely to be the solenoid in my humble opinion. In any case I'm not sure it would cause your issue. Have you had any codes read? More info - how is it running rough? Idle or through the rev and power range? Any excess smoke? Cutting out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not had a diagnostics done yet, it doesn,t sound too bad when idleing but not quite right, rough when revving and lack of power, no excess smoking, is the high pitched noise normal?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry I don't have the 2.0, mine is the 1.9 and doesn't make this noise but that's not to say if it did that it was a cause for rough running. Ideally get the codes read and start from there. Hopefully someone with a 2.0 will bimble along with an opinion on that noise........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I don't have the 2.0, mine is the 1.9 and doesn't make this noise but that's not to say if it did that it was a cause for rough running. Ideally get the codes read and start from there. Hopefully someone with a 2.0 will bimble along with an opinion on that noise........
No worries ,thanks for your time mate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts