Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My van has just started to have a problem starting. Due to the lock-down I have not used it much but this issue was not there when I used it for the first time after the relaxing of the lock-down. The battery is showing 12.3V and I have checked for error codes and there are none coming up on my reader. When I turn the key, the engine is taking a long time to fire up. I have a full tank of fuel. Once the engine starts, which it eventually does, it runs reasonably smoothly and drives with no noticeable hesitation. Its my first van and I have only had this sort of issue on petrol cars before when it has been a faulty crank sensor. But as I say, I get no error codes.The van is parked on a sloping drive with the nose pointing down the slope, but I think it does the same thing on the flat. The thing is the engine has been running for a bit when parked on the flat so when I try to start it, it fires up better, not perfect, but better. Any ideas, known issues with this model, etc

Thank you.

Rob

·
Worn Out Member
6,040 Posts
What's the battery voltage reading when cranking ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

It drops to 11.8 when I turn the ignition on and then 11.4 when I crank the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts