Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The battery from the Relay didn't fit the Vivaro tray. I have been given an idea though, a sparky friend dropped a current clamp meter off just as I was leaving and I will test it fully when I get back at the weekend.

Initial test on a warm afternoon was 200A current drain that generated 250 rpm and started after 3 or 4 seconds. I will see what current is needed from cold and warm and see what light that sheds

It would be annoying but also nice if this turns out to be a battery that just can't deliver the CCA needed when cold. Thanks.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nothing stopping you placing the Relay battery on the floor, remove the cables from the van's battery and connect them to the Relay battery by jump leads Mark. That should prove it out the same way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry for the delay I have had to work away for a bit.

OK the battery doesn't help and we have the following. Cold the starter draws about 210A, returns 200rpm and will splutter but not quite go without easy start. Warm after running for 10 minutes it starts fine, if I unplug the cam sensor to disable start I get 190A drawn and 260 RPM.

Is 200 rpm cold enough to start her cold or do I have a tired starter? Buggered if I know but I am happy to invest to get her back on the road. Thanks.....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts