Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've had a vivaro for around 4 months now and it's been nothing but trouble; Injectors, engine mount, alternator and now it won't start.

The engine turns over, kicks in but then the revs drop immediately. After some research I've looked at the fuel filter (seems fine) the manual fuel pump still hardens when pushed a few times and I've also replaced the MAF sensor.
After replacing the MAF if I hold the key forward as if to turn over it keeps the engine running, as soon as I take the key back the engine dies.

I assume this is a fuel problem of some kind?

I've also had a mechanic with an OBD reader have a look but it seems as though somebody (whoever I bought it from) has disconnected the Engine Management cable in an attempt to stop the light coming on and in order to sell it. This stops his software from being able to read any sort of diagnostics so I'm trying to do it old school!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi there,
I've also had a mechanic with an OBD reader have a look but it seems as though somebody (whoever I bought it from) has disconnected the Engine Management cable in an attempt to stop the light coming on and in order to sell it. This stops his software from being able to read any sort of diagnostics so I'm trying to do it old school!
I would suggest reconnecting this ECU cable, otherwise you're going to go round in more circles. An prime example is perhaps your MAF sensor was working fine.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your mechanic is a liar or incompetant. Ask him which wire and then post here.

I can assure you I know this vehicle and its electronics to the n th degree.

I stand to be corrected !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a green flag mechanic who tested it roadside when the problem first appeared. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about the wiring, only a little mechanical knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts