Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if you could help me I have a Vauxhall Insignia 2-l Bi-Turbo and I experienced quite severe vibration after 70mph. I have had all wheels balanced and even swapped front to back. I took it to Kwik-Fit who advised me me that it may be any rotational part. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem ? The vibration also occurs when braking quite hard. Could this be due to imbalance brake discs? Or maybe drive shafts ? It really drives me mad please help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9 Months + the only thing I have had done is discs and pads on the front.

A friend filed down the lip on the on my rear discs, not sure if that could be the cause...

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
I've found i can usually tell if its coming through front of car by steering wheel vibration and if in the rear you feel it in the seat more you say you've had wheels balanced what about tracking

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
have you had cheap tyre put on car as see it a lot with that car they dont like cheap ditch finders,and the wheels must be good and true tyres and make sure how the wheels have been balanced the right way ie inner and out ballence not just on inner as this is called static and no good for this car.

·
Premium Member
14,594 Posts
My car is very smooth at all speeds and during braking.
Maybe tyre related, any obvious screws or nails within any of your tyres?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All tyres have been checked and balanced balanced. But do have cheap tyres on. There is alot vibration in the steering wheel too.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
All tyres have been checked and balanced balanced. But do have cheap tyres on. There is alot vibration in the steering wheel too.
Try switching the fronts to the rear if you can. That way if the vibration goes to the rear you definitely know it’s a wheel or tyre.

I remember years ago working in atyre fitting place and we had a customer who kept coming back in cause of a vibration. Must of balanced his wheels 5 times and still it was there. Turns out it was the locking wheel nuts he had used that was causing it!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
as said check how they have been balanced as it they have been done static no matter how meny time they get done they will still cause problems,the amout i have done in my job after some plonker has done them the wrong way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are both front tyres the same as each other or different brands? What brand is it? A shifted belt or feathered tyre(s) within just one tyre can cause vibration. Does the car pull to one side when you brake? If you can lift the car, grab each front tyre and try to shift it side-to-side or up-down. If the tyre moves or makes noise it could be a suspension related issue or, as you've said, a driveshaft problem. Just a visual inspection of the ball joint boot and CV boot can give you some direction as well. Look for oil or tears in the boots. Does the vibration change when you turn the steering wheel? Does it worsen when you hit the brakes compared to just coasting at 70 mph? Incorrect balance procedure can give you the same result no matter how many times it's repeated. As already mentioned, if there's a question of integrity regarding the type of machine/shop the car was taken to for balancing - try another shop.

·
"Red One.."
2,865 Posts
What model year Insignia is it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts