Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at throwing a vibe sub into my car along with some new front components (to be amplified) and an amp to run them

the back seats will just get some coaxials running off the head unit (probably at pretty low volume too so as not to limit the volume potential of the rest of the system)

my question is.. has anyone had any experience with the active vibe subwoofers... in particular the CBR-10

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2456

as im not keen on anything too big or amps and cables all over the shop.. this seemed like a great little package for the money. Also means i wont lose tons of boot space.

then possibly a sony amp and some focal componants/coaxials to round off the package.

any comments?

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
i have a vibe, very similar in style to the 1 you have pictured, i love it, i also have a boss amp running infinity 6-9`s and the front components "rainbow"

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool.. sounds like i have a plan then :)

just that vibe unit.. as well as saving me a lot of wiring hassle and having to find a decent amp and box etc... it should also be optimised.... the amp cabinet and driver should work well together producing a package probably better than the sum of its parts.

the components route im still deciding on... lots of options with that one.. but whatever it is id like to ensure that all speakers are the same manufacturer (sub excepted of course)

bloody wiring hassle tho to wire up front components.... am i right in thinking i need to run power to an amp all the way to the boot... and then speaker cables all the way back down the front of the car and up through the dash etc (and into the doors for that matter)

sounds like a painfull process :)

id imagine a particulalrly powerfull amp isnt needed for running components? surely anything capable of 50-100 watts would be MORE than adequate

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
if you want to uprate your system then start with your head unit
try and go for a pioneer ( far better then sony ) the quality of sound you will get from it for the back speakers will even out the sound a bit

other then that the choices of speaker are fine
and the vibe active seams to be very effeciant for its pupose and price
the infinity active is also very good as wel

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
id imagine a particulalrly powerfull amp isnt needed for running components? surely anything capable of 50-100 watts would be MORE than adequate
you dont need power here just clarity of sound so even 35 - 80 watts will be fine

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i thought so.... as the wattage ratings from a proper amp mean far more than the 4x50w plastered to the front of head units. better current and power delivery,

im actually trying to get my mate to sell me his kenwood power amp.. its a 4 channel job running 50 watts into each channel... so would be great for wiring up fronts and some rears. meaning that at least for now i can run of my existing head unit and make upgrades very easy indeed.

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
japcav supplied and fitted my Boss amp, 4channel which is powering the front and rear

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
I have two vibe 10" subs run off an alpine v12 amp and a pioneer kex 820 rds headunit.

Superb quality.

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats the best placing for a sub... so many people i see face them out the back of the car.. and to me.. this seems the worst place to put it if you actually want to enjoy the sound inside the car.

when you sat in it there was almost no bass actually reaching the cabin as it was all shotting out the back.

i would have thought facing it forwards towards the back seats would yeild better results... or maybe facing it across the way.

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
my sub is in the boot, i would take a pic 4 ya, but it means i have to get up, lol

plus the push chair is the boot aswell

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
shrink said:
cool.... good to hear that dest

its pretty small aint it.. and looks like it can handle a good thrashing.

i just dont want amps and subs taking over my boot (which i use often) and this seemed a great compromise.
agree, i`m self employed and need mah boot for me tools, and the push chair like this weekend

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
i have to say, when i`m loading the boot i have a box thing that fits nicely arround it, don`t do much for the sound but it protects it from my crap

·
15,300 Posts
Yeah, it doesnt use much room up atall.
Especially good with the Turbo/GSI boot as its alot smaller!
Mine gets a VERY good hammering, considering I listen to drum n bass 99% of time, which is the most bass heavy/dependant music ever invented :lmao:
I can take pic in the morning if you want to see how much space it uses up...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts