Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw very many Vespas going into Llandudno today. Good to see other one make enthusiasts about. Anyone ever had one? I had a 125cc in about 1960. Very handy for commuting. Anyway brought back memories. Jerry

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
My old man had several Vespas before I was born . He had a nasty on one of them but was very lucky . That was in the days when the mods and rockers used to have fights . He told me about one night where there were motorbikes and mopeds getting thrown off the pier .

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Went through my phase of vespa's and lambretta's many moons ago.

Converted a PX125 into a 225 with polini barrel and piston,modified gearbox,mickek exhaust ,28mm delorto carb and a few other mods i dont seem to remember at this time all work done by taffspeed here in newport.lets just say it supprised more than a few on the roads.

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Taffspeed - there's a name I've not heard for a long, long time.

There used to be a guy in Salisbury years ago that always had modified Lambrettas with Taffspeed stickers on them.

Always wanted a Vespa P200E when I was a youngster (about 11/12 :lmao:), into The Jam etc. Thought I was a right Todd the Mod with my boating blazer and bowling shoes. Then I discovered heavy metal.

I rode a mate's PK80 once. That was enough to confirm that I'd made the right decision by not buying a Vespa ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the money that Vespas (the original ones) sell for now you could buy a proper bike...

Kinda like the skeleton ones, but by and large they are all dangerous and unreliable.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Ian and terry done alot of work on my scooter steve,lived around the corner from them for years,well respected in the bike world made the first LC scooter iirc.

Spent many a season at cadwell park,snetterton etc watching them race.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts