Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Very odd door panels / window problems

3K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  martinaoe2 
#1 ·
I have had a problem with my electric windows and door problem in my vec c for a long time.

Heres how it goes at drivers door:

- Windows will start to go down after numerous clicks (5-10), driver door after less clicks, passenger after x10 times the amount of driver, rear doesnt work at all
-Windows will start to go up after over 100 clicks on average, sometimes you may get lucky and itll work at 30, others could be over 200 and sometimes id be clicking constantly for over 30 minutes. Averages 100-200 clicks to get it to go up.
-Lights on door panel
-Mirror directional pad doesnt work
-Lock doors feature works on average every 5 clicks
-Replaced door panel, did nothing
-Checked all fuses in front
-Checked motor, its fine
-Checked cabling couldnt see a problem

Heres how passenger window door panel goes:
-works one in 100 times once clicked
-Lock door feature seems to work 1 in 3 times if clicked

Rear window door panel:
-Works 1 in 100 times if clicked on average, sometimes not at all

I have carried this car to two garage men and they have been stumped over it... They may not be vectra experts like yourselves though... May have to scrap car as it wont pass MOT here in ireland if windows dont work on drivers side :( Help a poor student please..:cry::(

See less See more
#3 ·
Another thing that went acting up while trying to fix the windows was, my drivers door doesnt work with the central locking anymore and has to be locked manually with the key.

Sometimes when I am opening the driver door, the two side windows facing me on front and rear will open about 3 inchs :cautious:

#4 ·
This is a long shot but hey.. I had the same issue on my 05 vectra c. Turned out there's a little bit of plastic under the main window switches/mirror switches/locking etc that pushes a button below it..this had become worn and wasn't connecting with the button properly.

So out they all came,and along with a dab of hot glue on to the worn parts.. windows starting working again.

Pete

#6 ·
This is a long shot but hey.. I had the same issue on my 05 vectra c. Turned out there's a little bit of plastic under the main window switches/mirror switches/locking etc that pushes a button below it..this had become worn and wasn't connecting with the button properly.

So out they all came,and along with a dab of hot glue on to the worn parts.. windows starting working again.

Pete
I replaced the driver window door switches panel and it didnt change anything? Is what youre talking about within that ?

#8 ·
That's what I'm talking about yes, the main controll unit on drivers door.
It sounds like your having intermittent problems, electrics really aren't my thing but you could possibly have a dodgy earth somewhere perhaps?. Bound to be folk on here that could offer some better advise.

Cheers

#11 ·
Maybe the garage dicked about with the fuses, or sacrificed somthing to fix somthing else?...sounds like a shitemare mate. Best of luck getting your head around it.

Pete
May have to just scrap the car :( Unfortunate as its still working fine but the cost of fixing this at a garage is already over 350euro and the car is probably worth only 800e.

#7 ·
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes to see if it resets the modules, will the windows go up and down via the remote, to make them go up keep your finger pressed on the lock button, to make them go down keep your finger pressed on the unlock button.
I am trying that now currently however I think I tried that before and it didnt work.

The remote key window up and down doesnt work.

#13 ·
Get somebody with Opcom or Tech 2 to check the module that controls the windows and door locks, tell them to deactivate them and the reactivate them, not sure if this will work but I was going to fit rear windows in my Vectra and was told that the rear windows will have to be activated so it could be an issue with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.