Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesterday was just the worst day ive had in ages got up at 9pm very hungover from night before decided to nip to local vaux dealer to order a couple of hoses so i thought il go on the motorbike no problems went there got back home still feeling awful! thought i know ill clean the idle control valve on the cav and relocate it while its not raining what a bad idea...

it was a right sod to get to and when i got the jubillee clip undone on the inlet manifold i thought ill grab the hose and pull it through.. bad move the icv dropped onto the terminals of the starter motor and so the engine began to turn over the problem was that i leave the car in reverse and even though the hanbrake was on there i was chasing the car up my street :shake trying to open the drivers door so i could dip the clutch but i was too late it did stop but it hit my neighbours car! i took it out of gear and rolled it down the hill got out and managed to grab the hose and pull it out of the engine bay thus stopping the motor turning over! i felt ill at this point as i didnt know what damage i had caused i went and had a look.. phew thankfully it had only snapped my neighbours number plate and put 2 scratches on my rear bumper which i have polished out today and are unnoticable now! but omg i really shat myself! good news is its all back 2gether and ive relocated the icv now so it sits just under where the sfi hose starts! what a day

C

·
0 Posts
Crikey, you couldn't make that up! :lmao: :lmao:

God was on your side that day :beer:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Sounds like you had a right mission there mate. Glad the damaged caused was minor, and that you got it all back together fine:up:

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C3MKY said:
Sounds like you had a right mission there mate. Glad the damaged caused was minor, and that you got it all back together fine:up:
yes i had seen a thread on here about relocating it if i ever have to take it off again it will take 5mins max! i spent a good 20mins today on the bumper with t cut colour fast and its spot on again now! also my neighbours ok about the whole thing so i am very lucky but when it happend it was awful if the car would have been in 1st i would have been run over! :crying_2:

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
You nutter , I must say I'm a one for not disconnecting the battery .

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
daddy cav said:
You nutter , I must say I'm a one for not disconnecting the battery .
i dont think i could do it again if i tried but yes in future i will do that! although where it is now its nowhere near the starter motor! looking back today i can laugh about it but yesterday my nipper valve was twitching like funk :lmao:

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
Just out of interest, how easy what it?

u got the ICV off from underneath, what about moving the wiring?

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it wasnt too bad! the problem is space!

i took it off as normal the valve now sits vertically with one hose about 4 inch long going to the sfi box and the other going off the side to the inlet manifold i also had to cut the sheathing on the wiring to give myself a few more inchesof wire that goes to the icv but now its all done and sorted spot on!

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vauxmaster said:
Just out of interest, how easy what it?

u got the ICV off from underneath, what about moving the wiring?
i did it all from on top with a 6mm spanner for the jubillee clips as a couldnt get a socket in there!

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
cgrextreme said:
it wasnt too bad! the problem is space!

i took it off as normal the valve now sits vertically with one hose about 4 inch long going to the sfi box and the other going off the side to the inlet manifold i also had to cut the sheathing on the wiring to give myself a few more inchesof wire that goes to the icv but now its all done and sorted spot on!
Yea, got this off DarrenM... Vx should have done this in production!

Still I gotta get under there at some point so will get round to it.

:Cool2:

cgrextreme said:
i did it all from on top with a 6mm spanner for the jubillee clips as a couldnt get a socket in there!
Sod that!! :lmao:

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vauxmaster said:
Yea, got this off DarrenM... Vx should have done this in production!

yes thats where i saw it but you cant use the original hoses as they just wont fit! i had a spare hose which i got with the powercap so i cut that so it fitted to te inlet mainfold end and then the factory hose i cut a 4 inch straight length to go up to where the bottom of the sfi box used to sit but now thats where the powercap hose ends! :Cool2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts