Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had a phonecall off my girlfriend saying the vectra wouldnt start. she said it wasnt ticking over but the battery light was on, i couldnt get to her so my dad went in his car and used his jump leads and it started. Could this be the starter motor coz if it was the battery flat the light wouldnt of come on would it? Ive only just spent money buying new wheels for it today aswell and used all my money!! just my luck.:(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right she just got home and i tryed it myself, i think its the battery, it is trying to turn over but just has no power, How much are batterys nowadays???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers mate im not a member yet tho so i dont have the trade card,i ended up getting it from vauxhall today coz its just across the road and the car wouldnt move, it was £53 inc vat with 3 year garantee.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Should have done what I did - nick one out of someone elses car :)

Well, I say nicked, it was my Dad's, and I did have permission. He had 2 spare leisure batteries which are taller than the one from my Vectra, so my bonnet wouldn't shut, but they would fit in his MPV so we just swapped them round. Cheaper than buying one!

I just can't believe how quickly it went. One minute it was starting first time no problem, next I got in the car and it was completely dead. Hadn't left anything on, so not sure why it died just like that. Then again it was about 8 years old :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.