Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 2000 vectras windscreen wipers have just stopped working the rear is still working and there is a noise coming from the motor when i try to turn them on ,has anybody got any ideas is there a chance it could be a relay or fuse or more likely the switch itself ?any info would be great many thanks maz

·
Registered
136 Posts
i would suggest getting to the motor and disconnect the connecting rod that links it to there wipers, then turn the wipers on and see if the motor spins, if it does normally and not struggleing give it a oil up and on the mec and put back together, on the other hand if it does not spin the motor is just prob shagged (as i would think if the motor is making some form of noise the switch should be fine as it is sending the power to the motor or it would not make any noise) if u need a new motor look on the parts for sale and sure one of the guys will do you a fair deal (as vauxhall think everything is gold plated for the price they ask for parts)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take off the wiper arms, being carefull not to lose the washer.Then open the bonnet and you will find a rubber strip along the width of the car. take this off. You can then take off the plastic cover. You may have to lift the middle slightly, be carefull because you can put a kink in it. You can then check the linkages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts